Summary: Oh that men would not let their heart dictate to their mouth all of their feelings. Concentrate more on living a life of thanksgiving and thanks living.

Your Talking Heart

1 Ts. 5:18

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (KJV)

18 Dad gracias en todo; porque ésta es la voluntad de Dios para con vosotros en Cristo Jesús. (RVG04)

IL.: A cowpoke was driving his pick up through Wyoming. His faithful dog was in the bed of the truck and his pride stallion was in the trailer that he was pulling. The guy was speeding as he went around a curve that was sharper that he expected. The vehicle and trailer flipped a number of times and it was not pretty. A while later, a state trooper came upon the accident. First he saw the horse with a broken leg and badly injured. He could not stand to see it suffer any longer, so he pulled out his revolver and finished him off. Then he saw the dog all mangled up and whining. He decided it would be best to put it out of its misery and he shot it also. He walked around some more and saw the man over in some weeds, bleeding, and evidently with multiple fractures. The trooper hollers out to him, "hey buddy, are you okay?" Upon viewing the smoking gun, the cowboy quickly replies, "never felt better, never felt better".

Sometimes, it takes some serious motivation to show a positive attitude.

Too many times we give the devil more credit than he deserves. We talk about how he has beat us down and robbed us of so many things. I wonder if he might respond, "I didn't have to rob anything, you just laid it down".

Nu. 11:1

1 ¶ And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp. {complained: or, were as it were complainers} {it displeased: Heb. it was evil in the ears of} (KJV)

1 Y aconteció que el pueblo se quejó a oídos de Jehová; y lo oyó Jehová, y se enardeció su furor, y se encendió en ellos fuego de Jehová y consumió a los que estaban en un extremo del campamento. (RVG04)

Is you heart murmuring? I hear it all the way from your mouth. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Phil. 2:14

14 ¶ Do all things without murmurings and disputings: (KJV)

14 Haced todo sin murmuraciones ni contiendas, (RVG04)

Instead of personal devotions, some have a "Gripe and Grumble with God Time".

Phil 4:6

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (KJV)

6 Por nada estéis afanosos, sino sean conocidas vuestras peticiones delante de Dios en toda oración y súplica, con acción de gracias. (RVG04)


They say that the number one reason for divorce and separations is due to too much complaining.

Nag, nag, nag. Complain and bellyache over everything.

When you never can find a time to complement those you love, you are in serious danger. Someone else will come along and compliment them and then you will wonder why they left.

Why complain about all your problems? 80% of the people you tell them to, don't even care, and the other 20% just believe you are getting what your deserve.

IL.: A family sat down to breakfast and dad prayed and thanked God for the food. As they ate, he complained about the eggs, the toast, and the coffee. His little daughter spoke up and asked if he thought God heard him when he prayed over the food. He replied, "of course". She continued," then do you believe that God heard when you were complaining about the eggs, the toast, and the coffee?" "Well, yes, he replied." Then she asked, "Which time do you think the Lord believed you were telling the truth?"

What about the monk, who went to the monastery and took an oath of silence. After 10 years, his superior calls him in and asks him to say a few words about how things are going for him in the monastery. His reply, "Bad food". 10 years later, another interview. His words, "Hard Bed". Another 10 years; his interview, he says, "I quit". The superior quips, "Well, I am not surprised, everything you talked about since you came here has been nothing but complaining.

The Grinches of the Bible who tried to steal Thanksgiving

Actually they were real people with flaws in their character.

1. Michal (2 Sam. 6:20-22)---MANNER; WAY

--Criticizing the way of praise and thanksgiving.

As her husband danced before the Lord, she was appalled. This was below his dignity.

Copy Sermon to Clipboard with PRO Download Sermon with PRO
Browse All Media

Related Media

Talk about it...

Nobody has commented yet. Be the first!

Join the discussion