Summary: Are we really Christians?
Zombie- In voodoo it is the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.
I. Zombies are dead in sin (v.1)
- Matthew 12:35 the good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil.
- As John MacArthur put it “We are not dead because of sinful acts that have been committed, but because of our sinful nature.
- Isaiah 59:2 but your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
II. Zombies walk according to the “course of this world” (v.2)
- Human values and standards apart from God
- John 1:9 the true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world.
III. Zombies follow the prince of the power of the air (v.2)
- John 12:31, 14:30, 16:11 Satan is referred to as the ruler of this world
- 2 Corinthians 4:4 in their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
IV. Zombies are the “Sons of disobedience” (v.2)
- (v.3) we all have been the Sons of disobedience at one time.
- Ephesians 5:6, 7 let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not become partners with them;
V. “But” Zombies can be made alive (children of God) (v.4)
- Made us alive together with Christ
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
VI. Children of God will be seated with and in Christ Jesus (v.6)
- John 17:22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,
VII. Zombies become the children of God to show who God is (v.7)
- Revelation 7:10-12 and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, "Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen."