We make a terrible error when we think that God makes life easy just because we're in His will or that the easy way is God's way. We don't follow Jesus or God's will for our lives because it's the EASY thing to do--we do it because it's the RIGHT thing to do!
When we follow God's way, it's the BEST way, but it may be a DIFFICULT way:
* MOSES chose a path that got him criticism and ungratefulness his whole ministry.
* DANIEL chose a path that took him to the lion's den.
* The THREE HEBREW MEN chose paths that took them into the fiery furnace.
* STEPHEN chose a path that led to martyrdom.
* PAUL chose a path that led to imprisonment and execution.
* CHRIST chose a path that led to the cross.
All these chose paths that were God's plan for them--but their paths were not easy. God doesn't promise us an easy trip, but He does promise to be with us as we follow it! Need a verse for that?--How about Isaiah 43:2 -- "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Lorenzo Edwards on Feb 20, 2008
You have to understand this. If the enemy destroys your house, you can build another one. But if he kills your dreams if he destroys your visions. He can destroy your future. And I come to encourage the saints of God on today. Do not stand by and let