1. I was forced to wash as a child.
2. People who wash are hypocrites--they think they’re cleaner than others.
3. There are so many kinds of soap, I could never decide which was right.
4. I used to wash, but it got boring.
5. I wash only on Christmas or Easter.
6. None of my friends wash.
7. I’ll start washing when I’m older.
8. I really ...
Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Owen Bourgaize on Oct 18, 2000
When I was on holiday in the Canadian Rockies, I came across a notice board stating that on this spot was the division between two river systems - a raindrop would flow either to the Pacific or to the Atlantic Ocean. When we’re confronted with the claims of Christ, ...read more
Contributed by Lewis Petrie on Jan 3, 2001
Peter V. Deison, in his book The Priority of Knowing God, tells about Ramad, a man of India who was a member of a gang of robbers. On one occasion, while burglarizing a house, Ramad noticed a small black book containing very thin pages just right for making cigarettes. So he took it. ...read more
Contributed by Steve Heartsill on Oct 25, 2000
A pastor was called to a new church. The first Sunday the pastor was there, his message was taken from John 3:16. The message was entitled, "How to Be Born Again." The message was well received, but no decisions were made. The second Sunday, the pastor’s message was taken from John 3:16 and ...read more