An understanding of the Rapture can be gained from understanding the Jewish Wedding Tradition.
IN THE JEWISH WEDDING TRADITION,
• As the young man becomes of age to marry,
• He builds a room onto his father’s house,
• So there will be a place
• For him and his bride to live.
WHEN THE YOUNG MAN IS READY
• To get married,
• He goes to his father
• And gets permission to go after his bride.
WITH HIS FATHER’S PERMISSION,
• He goes to collect his bride.
• She never knows just when he will come for her,
• So she has to be ready at all times.
WHEN HE IS NEAR HER HOME,
• A trumpet is blown
• To let her know he is there.
• With a shout, he calls her out
• So she can follow him back to the room he prepared.
WHEN THEY GET TO HIS FATHER’S HOUSE
• He keeps her there
• For 7 days
AT THE END OF THE SEVEN DAY PERIOD,
• He goes back with her to her home
• And claims to the world,
• his rightful place as a married man.
JESUS IS IN HIS FATHER’S HOUSE,
• And he is building a place
• For His bride (the church) to live.
WHEN GOD THE FATHER GIVES PERMISSION,
• Jesus will then come for His bride (Christians)
• And when he gets here,
• A Trumpet will sound
• And a Shout will occur
• To call his bride to Him.
WHEN WE MEET HIM IN THE AIR,
• We shall follow Him
• To His Father’s house - -
• Where He will keep us for 7 years.
AT THE END OF THAT 7 YEARS,
• Jesus will take us back to earth,
• Where He claims to the world
• His rightful place as
• King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
• The Jewish Wedding Tradition,
• We can see perfectly
• How the the Book of Revelation will unfold.
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by John Raulerson on Oct 6, 2005
Joke: You Can’t Believe a Word He Says A guy sees a sign in front of a house: "Talking Dog for Sale." He rings the bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard. The guy goes into the backyard and sees a black mutt just sitting there. "You talk?" he asks. "Yep," the mutt replies. ...read more
Contributed by Richard Mcnair on Nov 4, 2004
Out of my office window I looked up and saw a squirrel jump from one high tree to another. On the ground several dogs were milling around. He appeared to be aiming for a limb so far out of reach that the leap looked like suicide. He missed--but landed, safe and unconcerned, on a branch several ...read more
Contributed by Chip Monck on Feb 15, 2005
In the book The God Chasers, Tommy Tenney writes, "I don’t know about you, but I am tired of just being ‘another somebody’ to the lost around me. I have made a decision. I made up my mind and set my heart to declare, ‘I am going to pursue the presence of God in my life. I am going to get so close ...read more
Contributed by Philip Harrelson on Sep 27, 2004
One of our pastors (Larry Booker) tells of going to General Conference a number of years ago where a special session for ministers was held. A certain pastor had been asked to speak to the ministers about his personal experiences concerning the importance of upholding holiness in the local ...read more
Contributed by Michael Mccartney on Mar 29, 2005
Moody notes " It is a peculiar thing, you cannot get any instruction in the Bible as to how to conduct a funeral, for Jesus broke up every ...read more
Contributed by Jeff Strite on Jan 3, 2016
Too many Christians are satisfied with doing their minimum requirement for God. They don't realize the blessings they miss out on because they've just done what they "had to do" as His child. What are they missing out on and how can they change?
Contributed by Barry O Johnson on Oct 13, 2018
When we accept Jesus as Lord there is an excitement. We want to save the world. But over time the world beats so many of us into silence. This message is about how the Apostle Paul refused to let circumstances keep him from finishing his race.
Contributed by Jeff Strite on Aug 31, 2014
Lot's of people speculate on how the world will end. Some think it will be destroyed by an asteroid, others by nuclear war, still others by .... Zombies? But they're all wrong. Find out why the 2nd Coming should be important to us as Christians.