HERE ARE THE TOP 10 THINGS YOU’LL PROBABLY NEVER HEAR IN CHURCH
10.Hey! It’s MY turn to sit in the front pew!
9. Sign me up for nursery duty for a whole quarter!
8. Preacher, I was so enthralled, I never noticed your sermon went overtime 25 minutes.
7. Personally, I find visitation night much more enjoyable than golf.
6. Hey, let’s stand up during the whole service.
5. I volunteer to be the permanent teacher for the teenage Sunday School class.
4. I love it when we sing hymns I’ve never heard before!...Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Kenneth Burisek on Apr 12, 2005
One day in the South Pacific, a navy ship saw smoke coming from one of three huts on an uncharted island. Upon arriving at the shore they were met by a shipwreck survivor. He said, "I’m so glad you’re here! I’ve been alone on this island for more than five years!" The captain replied, "If ...read more
Contributed by Guy Caley on May 25, 2003
In 1953 in Grimes Iowa, Violet Cross was getting sicker by the day. Finally her eldest son Frank insisted she go to the doctor. Eventually they ended up at the large teaching hospital in Iowa City. The diagnosis was devastating. Though Violet had never smoked she was dying of Lung cancer. One ...read more
Contributed by W F on Jun 12, 2005
Let me tell you about Neroli Endacott. While others her age can kick back, relax, shoo the kids out the door, and consider retirement - - 59 year old Neroli (who lives on the Gold Coast in Australia), fills her days being mum to some of that states most "at risk" children. Since 1999 she has cared ...read more
Contributed by Michael Mccartney on Nov 3, 2004
Note: I do not show this clip to discredit those individuals who are genuine and are sent by God to go around the world and hold revival meetings. Illustration: From the Movie clip from “Leap of Faith” Clip: The one were they put their show of deception on for the first time. He tells them ...read more