Michael Brown, “Go and sin no more” 20 reasons not to sin
1) Sin does not satisfy
a. Proverbs 27:20 Hell and Destruction are never full; So the eyes of man are never satisfied.
b. Hebrews 11:25 talks about, “the passing pleasures of sin,”
2) Sin leads to More sin
3) Sin Leads to Worse Sin
4) Sin Enslaves
Proverbs 6:27-28 Can a man take fire to his bosom, And his clothes not be burned? 28 Can one walk on hot coals, And his feet not be seared?
5) Sin Degrades and Humiliates
6) Sin Steals Joy
You behavior has huge impacts on your life! (Consider Esau!)
7) Sin steals our Confidence before God
8) The Wages of sin is death
9) God will punish sinners – in this World and the world to come
a. Esau refused to look ahead when he made the decision.
b. “He could bring about no change of mind, though he sought the blessing with tears.”
c. God will forgive, but you will still suffer loss.
10) Sin Hurts the Lord
11) Sin Hurts the sinner
12) Sin hurts the family and Friends
a. In thinking about sin, it is so easy to get “religious” instead of spiritual.
b. Sins become a lack of love for many people.
c. Love does its work where rules and commitment could not.
13) Sin Brings reproach – to the sinner, to the church, to the name of the Lord
There are no victimless crimes. Think of how your behavior is affecting other people, and that will motivate you to stop when rules won’t.
14) Sin Makes light of the Blood of Jesus
15) Sin puts the sinner on the side of the Devil, Demons and the World.
16) Sin Sets the sinner against God, the Church, Holiness, life, blessing, and Victory
a. Twice the New Testament gives examples of people who where “delivered over to Satan” to be taught not to sin.
17) Sins Saps the anointing
a. The more you give in, the farther away you drift!
b. And you may not even realize it.
c. Sin will take you farther than you ever planned to go.
18) Sin Steals Time
19) Sin has eternal consequences
20) Your sin will Always find you out.