20 SIGNS THAT YOU'RE GETTING OLD
1. You’re asleep, but others worry that you’re dead.
2. Your back goes out more often than you do.
3. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
4. You buy a compass for the dash of your car/truck.
5. You’re proud of your lawn mower.
6. Your arms are almost too short to read the newspaper.
7. You sing along with the elevator music.
8. You would rather go to work than stay home sick.
9. You enjoy hearing about other people’s operations.
10. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
11. People call at 9:00 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"
12. You answer a question with, "Because I said so."
13. The end of your tie doesn’t come anywhere near the top of your pants.
14. You take a metal detector to the beach.
15. You know what the word "equity" means....Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Don Hawks on Aug 20, 2004
One communion Sunday, the communion steward prepared communion with a twist. When it came time to uncover the elements the grape juice looked darker than usual. The pastor thought nothing of it and began to serve the communion. Promptly upon receiving the cup, each recipient’s face had a ...read more
Contributed by Michael Raisbeck on Jul 18, 2003
Spurgeon (1) wrote, " I think I may say to every person whom I am addressing,-If you are yourself saved, the work is but half done until you are employed to bring others to Christ. You are as yet but half formed in the image of your Lord. You have not attained to the full development of the ...read more
Contributed by Ronald Keller on Oct 15, 2002
“THEOLOGY IN THE PEW” “A large share of people who attend Protestant or Catholic churches have adopted beliefs that conflict with the teachings of the Bible and their church, according to the latest release from the Barna Research Group (www.barna.org). There are some fundamental Christian ...read more
Contributed by Timothy Archer on Feb 27, 2004
Do you remember the story of Aron Ralston from last year? Aron Ralston loves the outdoors, hiking and trekking in the mountains. Last May he was hiking alone when a boulder fell and pinned him by the arm. For five days he waited for rescue. Then, facing dehydration and death, he took an incredible ...read more
Contributed by Jon Daniels on Jun 15, 2004
One of the chores that I enjoy doing is washing my car. Like to see that dirt disappear. Like to see the shine of a freshly washed car. Like to shine up the tires, make the chrome sparkle, clean all the fingerprints and dog nose prints off the windows. Finish washing it. Park in front of ...read more
Contributed by Troy Borst on Jun 29, 2011
Today we are going to look at the foundation of our families and our country. I hope you realize that both foundations must be anchored in God and in faith in Jesus Christ. It is only a foundation in Christ that will allow our families and our nation to