Contributed by Gordon Curley on Jan 2, 2011
Sometimes newspaper editors state the obvious:
* 'If strike isn't settled quickly it may last a while'.
* 'War dims hope for peace'
* 'Cold wave linked to temperatures'
* 'Child's death ruins couple's holiday'
* 'Blind woman gets new kidney from dad she hasn't seen in years'
* 'Man is fatally
While talking to one of the little ones that came forward during children's hour, I was trying to determine if they were old enough for Vacation Bible School (they were four).
So I said, "You are four now, when will you be five?"
He looked up with complete confidence and seemed amazed I
Contributed by Ken Pell on May 19, 2013
PROTECTING HIS BATS
Japanese-born big-leaguer Ichiro Suzuki is one of the best hitters in baseball. He has led the Major Leagues in regular season hits on seven occasions.
To state the obvious, you hit a baseball with a bat. Ichiro Suzuki seems to be more aware of that obvious fact than other