Contributed on Apr 8, 2015
To be a disciple of Jesus, we must imitate him in our lives. This lesson gives us a brief look at the Rabbi, Jesus.
1. Walk This Way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twf0ffG0v_8 2. Jesus called disciples to follow him -- Matthew 4.18-22 3. Jesus continues to call disciples 4. Do we understand what it means to be disciples of Jesus? Responses from comment cards given to the staff members at Bridger Wilderness ...read more
Contributed on Apr 14, 2015
Community is crucial to the follower of Jesus. It is not optional.
1. Today marks the 20th Anniversary of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in OKC. I was not a resident of OK 20 years ago but have heard stories and read accounts of the event. Many of you were impacted directly by the catastrophe. 2. This disaster reminds us of the power of ...read more
Contributed on Apr 22, 2015
Salt is a symbol of permanence as well as a reminder of purity, preservation, health and even destruction. These are things that we are called to be and do as followers of the Leader.
1. Chick-Fil-A Mission Several months ago Chick-fil-A's founder, Truett Cathy, made people upset when he claimed: "I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.'" And said that his company ...read more
Contributed on Apr 30, 2015
The key to spiritual maturity is knowing and walking with Jesus.
1. Darwin Awards There is a book of the Darwin Awards. These are awards that are issued every year to the people who do the "stupidest stuff" which results in their own death. In the chapter called, "Macho Men" are three examples: * There was the story about Larry and his friend Joseph who just ...read more
Contributed on May 5, 2015
Our loyalty to Jesus surpasses even family loyalty.
1. Blood is Thicker than Water (Possible meanings) This is one that's completely flipped its meaning over the centuries. In the beginning, it meant something to the effect of "a bond or covenant I've made with someone I've shed or shared blood with (sometimes literally) is stronger than one I ...read more
Contributed on May 18, 2015
Jesus confronted the traditions of men in order to point men to the direction of God.
1. Mark 2.13-3.6 2. We cheer when we see Jesus confront the Pharisees and cast out the money changing Sadducees 3. We support his stand against men using their traditions to speak for God (Mark 7.6ff) 4. But wait, the religious leaders of Jesus' day aren't the only ones to fall into this trap. . ...read more
Contributed on May 27, 2015
Baptism symbolizes many things. One of the symbols is the preparation the bride (church) makes in anticipation of the great wedding to the Groom (Jesus).
1. Hilton Hotels Romance is the motivating power that will produce the new heaven and the new earth, and it is the power behind much of what has been created in this earth. The spectacular international Hilton Hotel chain is a good example. It was not just the love of money and power that moved ...read more
Contributed on Jun 10, 2015
A nugget of discovery in this lesson shows us that heaping coals of fire on an enemy's head is actually bringing the presence of God to his life.
1. [Checker/Chess Board a. Checkers -- Mutually Assured Destruction -- you jump my checker, I jump yours; Strategies -- "Double Master Opening; Fife Opening; Spider Web; Zorro;" etc.; Some openings are illegal in Tournament Play because if accomplished they give too much advantage b. Chess -- ...read more