Contributed on Apr 18, 2015
Do we really believe this Book to which we refer, on which we preach? This series of messages will review the basics of Biblical Inspiration and Revelation.
Our Foundation: the very Word of the Living God Psalm 11:1-3 1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. In the Lord I put my trust; How can you say to my soul, "Flee as a bird to your mountain"? 2 For look! The wicked bend their bow, They make ready their arrow on the string, That they may ...read more
Contributed on Apr 29, 2015
No matter how or from what angle we look at this incredible Book, it is Divine in Its origin!
External proof of the truth of Scripture. We have alluded to the internal testimony, the authority of the Holy Spirit showing us Jesus through the written Word working on the inner man. But there is an external set of “proofs” for the Bible also. Never did one speak like Jesus, said ...read more
Contributed on Apr 28, 2015
Who is in charge? To what authority have Christians appealed from day one?
6. The question of authority. Who rules the church? We know that Jesus is the Head, and He gives leadership responsibilities to pastors and such. But how do they rule, by what authority? The breathed-out Word of God. The early church continued steadfastly in the apostles’ teaching (Acts ...read more
Contributed on Apr 18, 2015
God has been shouting to the Planet for centuries, but who listens? Do you listen?
1. The God Who has revealed Himself. In Nature. Psalm 19. "The heavens declare the glory of God. The firmament shows his handiwork. Day unto day utters speech. Night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language. Their voice is not heard. [Yet] Their sound has gone out ...read more
Contributed on Apr 20, 2015
The Bible is not just "inspiring", it is breathed from Heaven. That is the claim we make. Do we believe it?
2. Inspiration Jesus is the Fullness of the Word of God, God's communication to us. But the written Word, which is all about Jesus, is also living and authoritative. We often use the Bible to settle theological disputes. It is important to remember that the Bible speaks not only of theology, but ...read more
Contributed on Apr 21, 2015
Here are several New Testament texts that prove the Inspiration of the Old Testament texts. The first Christians truly had a trustworthy Bible!
3. Testimony to Old Testament Inspiration God equated with His Word. Galatians 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed." See with what holy reverence the apostle ...read more
Contributed on Apr 22, 2015
We can grasp that the Old Testament is confirmed by the New. But how is the New confirmed?
4. Testimony to New Testament Inspiration God used forty different men over a period of 1,600 years to complete His written work. He used a butler, a scribe, kings, a doctor, a theologian, fishermen, a statesman, a farmer, a tax collector, a Pharisee. Someone has calculated that there are 320 ...read more
Contributed on Apr 24, 2015
If Jesus used Scripture to fight the Enemy, should we not?
5. The testimony of Jesus. There is no competition between Jesus and His Word for highest authority. The living Word and the written Word are one. It was Jesus the Son as a member of the Godhead from eternity, Who spoke all the Words of Scripture to the writers of it. To hear from the ...read more
Contributed on Apr 25, 2015
Here are a series of passages, with explanations, that tell us Jesus' attitude toward written Scriptures.
Matthew 26:51-54 51 And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear. 52 But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. 53 Or do you think ...read more
Contributed on Apr 27, 2015
The New Testament writings (Scriptures) come to us as a direct result of the prophecy given in portions of John 14-17.
Jesus appeals to the authority of Scripture in John 5, saying that it is they which testified of Him. 39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me 45 Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses ...read more