Summary: To illustrate six aspects that should be present in every vibrant church.
Aspects of a Vibrant Church
1. They had great conviction and assurance. v5
a. First in salvation. John 16:8-11
2. They became imitators of Paul and Jesus. v6
a. Paul said to follow him. 1 Corinthians 4:16
3. They became examples to the world v7
a. Example: the impression made from a die
b. Could that be said of us in our county, state?
4. They sounded forth the Gospel v8 (sound out like a trumpet, continuing)
5. They had true repentance v9 (Turned from idols). What are our idols?
Quote from R M M’Cheyne
a. Self righteousness
b. Darling sins
6. They waited for Christ’s return v10
a. The demons feared it. Matthew 8:29
b. The lost want to be killed. Revelation 6:15-16