Summary: Is it really a result of faith miricals are done?
Because of a Lack of Faith” Mark 6:1-13
1. Marks Gospel gives us some amazing miracles
• Restoring Jairus' little daughter to life and health (5:21-43).
• Blind see, death hear and speak, the lame walk, and dead are raised by Jesus.
• He speaks and all things are under his command.
2. Jesus is headed Home Oh how we all would like to go back Home
• The text says, “Jesus went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples
• Perhaps Jesus may have thought I will get rejuvenated he thought he would find comfort in the home place, but that’s not what happened they are astonished but they murmur against Jesus “Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him? What are these remarkable miracles he is performing? 3 Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph,[a] Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.
• Now notice what happened in the Capernaum Synagogue compared to what happened in the Nazareth Synagogue Mark 1 : 21They went to Capernaum Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, Jesus cast out a demon 27The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, "What is this? A new teaching--and with authority! He even gives orders to evil spirits and they obey him." 28News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.
3. Jesus identifies Himself as a Prophet they say he is the carpenters Son
• There is a lack of faith here the results are 5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his
hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 He was amazed at their lack of faith.
• Miracles are depended on my Faith WOW
• Miracle do they depend on me traveling light “Take nothing for the journey except a staff—no
bread, no bag, no money in your belts. 9 Wear sandals but not an extra shirt.
• Miracles depend on me failing but not giving up (shake the Dust off and go on)
4. Because of a Lack of Faith Miracles are Hindered but don’t quit
• No Doubt Jesus had the power to do the miracles here but he Chose not to because of Lack of Faith
• Despite lack of Faith Note Jesus still sends two by two
• Despite the lack of Faith Disciples were Given authority over impure spirits
• Despite the Lack of Faith although they may not welcome you shake your ego off and go on, shake your hesitations off and go on, shake the disappointments, rejections, and negatives ness off and go on.
• Despite the Lack of Faith They went all out, laid it on the line, giver everything you got, I say Man up , woman up child up and let us all God Up. 12They went out and preached that people should repent. 13They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.