Summary: We are called to serve God and God’s people.
Ex 7: 16 “Then say to him, ‘The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, has sent me to say to you: Let my people go, so that they may worship me in the desert. But until now you have not listened.”
Call to Serve God in Worship
· “Let my people go”
· When you are under the bondage of Egypt you can not worship God
· Pharaoh gave many options
· Sacrifice here (Egypt)
· Sacrifice while you are a slave
· Only men God
· Leave the children here
· Leave the cattle here
· God said NO - I need all and everything you have
· Power of worship - 2 Chro. 18, 19:21, 22
· Examples of people who worshiped – Miriam, Paul, Martha, Mary, Mary of Magnalane
18 Jehoshaphat bowed with his face to the ground, and all the people of Judah and Jerusalem fell down in worship before the Lord.
19 Then some Levites from the Kohathites and Korahites stood up and praised the Lord, the God of Israel, with very loud voice.
20 Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful.”
21 After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of hisd holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: “Give thanks to the Lord, for his love endures forever.”
22 As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated.
Call to Serve God with your Gifts (Time)
· Early Christians came to break the bread daily.
· You need to find time for God Daily.
· Your time is valuable. God can change your plans and God can change your selfishness. Make time for God and he can do amazing things in your life.
· Are you doing anything for God with your time?
· Prayer and Work are your feet. If you only pray or if you only work, then you are only walking on one foot. But you need to use both your feet to serve God with your gifts. So use both your feet for walking
· Example – Sunday school teacher
Call to Serve God in Tithing.
· This is the word of God.
· 100 – 10 = 100
· 100 – 0 = 0
· This is God’s math. Try it, it works.
· If you want financial blessing – pay tithe, it is not an option
· It is a requirement.
· Your parents served Him in this faithfully, and so should you.
· You are the generation who are reaping the blessing of it.
· If you want your children to be blessed, you need to serve Him in Tithing.
Call to Serve God with Fellowship
· The believers came together daily.
· They were added to the church daily
· You need to have fellowship
· It need to start from you. Visit a believer
· Pray with a believer, go for lunch with a believer
· Let the unity grow
· Let us stand together for God
· You are not super spiritual.
· There will be a day you also need fellowship.
· So give that fellowship to the other believer.
Call to Serve God as a Watchman.
· Ezekiel 3:17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. I have made you a watchman
· Watchman-one who looks out or sees from a height, with the view to warning of impending danger or to give any information, good or bad (Ezekiel 33:2-7; 1 Samuel 14:16; 2 Samuel 18:24-27; 2 Kings 9:17-20; 2 Kings 17:9; 2 Kings 18:8; Song 3:3; Song 5:7; Psalm 127:1; Isaiah 21:6-12; Isaiah 52:8; Isaiah 56:10; Isaiah 62:6; Jeremiah 6:17; Jeremiah 31:6; Jeremiah 51:12; Hosea 9:8; Micah 7:4).
· To wait and watch for what God would command and give in warning (Ezekiel 3:17-21).
· To warn the people for God (Ezekiel 3:17-21)
· You need to warn your fellow brothers and sisters about danger.
Call to Serve God by Carrying the Cross.
· Simon the Cyrine carried the cross for Jesus.