Summary: Church government is a necessary element in the body of Christ which serves to establish and maintain order. A church without orderliness will be chaotic in all her activities. This teaching is going to teach about church Government.
I. The Origin Of Church Government.
A. Government itself started by God and was a direct commandment to Noah after the flood. In theology it is called, (The Dispensation of human Government) (Gen.9:5-6)
B.Church Government started with Christ, the head of the church (Col. 1:8;Matt. 16.18;18:18)
C. The early Church practiced it. (Acts 15:1-2,4-6,12-13,19-22)
II. The purpose Of Church Government
A. Church government was instituted for the following purposes:
1. Organize and direct the activities of the ministry,ensuring members obey the constituted authorities of the church.
2. Church government gives members direction on how to achieve her goals, such as rendering quality worship, training her members to grow into Christ-likeness and being equipped for the work of the ministry (Eph.4:11-13)
3.The leadership of the Church has the right to correct and discipline erring members after many warnings. ( 1Ti 5:20;Tit 2:15)
III. The Effects Of Church Government
A. When the church is governed by dedicated, God fearing leaders, the following things will be the results
1. The church will maintain order and Discipline
2. Her members will know what they are supposed to do without anyone forcing them
3. Unbelievers will come to the church with great respect for God (1Cor. 14:24-25)
4. God will perform wonders and meet the needs of the members (Phil. 4:19)
The church is not the property of anyone, when coming to the church you have to respect yourself, knowing that God as the owner of the church and wants things to be done orderly(1Cor.14:40)