Summary: Although Thanksgiving is over yet we should never cease to be Thankful. Revelation gives us an idea of why we should continue to be thankful.
Continue to Be Thankful Rev. 1:1-8
Although Thanksgiving is over yet we should never cease to be Thankful. Revelation gives us an idea of why we should continue to be thankful.
1. Continue to Be Thankful Because the Unveiling (or The Great Reveal) of Christ is being known :
• 11The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what
must soon take place. 3Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy,
and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because . . the time is near.
A. Continue to Be Thankful Because the unveiling of opportunities are revealed. Consider the following in Revelation14:13; 16:15; 19:9; 20:6; 22:7,14
• 13: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them."
• 15 Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes
with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed."
• 9Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding
supper of the Lamb!’ " And he added, "These are the true words of God."
• 6Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
• 14"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.
2. Continue to Be Thankful Because you now have a New Identity
• 6Christ the King has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve God to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
• Consider your New Identity is a Chosen People God has picked you 9But you are a chosen people
• Continue to Be Thankful Because You are Royalty Never rich here, but you ani’t seen nothing yet. you are considered a royal priesthood,
• Continue to Be Thankful Because you are Holy The God whom we serve makes us a holy nation,
• Continue to Be Thankful Because you Belong as a Precious Jewel
a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you
out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now . you are the people of God;
• Malachi 3:17"They will be mine," says the LORD Almighty, "in that day when I make up my Jewel.A I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him
• Continue to Be Thankful Because You have Obtained Mercy once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
• Hear the Word of the Apostle? Romans 9:25As he says in Hosea: "I will call them `my people’ who are not my people; and I will call her `my loved one’ who is not my loved one,"I 26and, "It will happen that in the very place where it was said to them, `You are not my people,’ they will be called `sons of the living God.’ "J
3. Continue to Be Thankful Because you have hope of the coming of blessings.
• Note the Blessing is the Coming of Christ
• 7Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen. 8"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
• Continue to be Thankful because, of the Conclusion of the entire Matter
Rev 19:6"Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. 7Let us rejoice and be . glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride . . has made herself ready. 8Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear."