Summary: VBS we are created by God and built for a purpose.
Created By God Built for a Purpose
1. First night of VBS we learned God Made You
Think of all the amazing God has made
Day 1 - Created light and dark. God said let there be and it was
Day 2- Created land, water and atmosphere.
Day 3 - Gathered water together into seas and created vegetation.
Day 4 - Created Sun, Moon & stars.
Day 5 - Created fish, sea creatures and birds.
Day 6 - Created land animals and Man.
• Psalm 139:14 God says,“I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
• God tells me in Psalm 17, "I am the apple of His eye."
• In Deuteronomy 7:6, God tells me that I am "His treasured possession."
• In Exodus 4:10, Moses tells God that he can’t do what God told him to do because he was slow of speech and tongue. In Exodus 4:11, the Lord said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go. I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”
• “Jenny The Jewel a girl who has Down Syndrome says, ,” He made me just the way He made me for just the special purpose I was created for. There is special work He has for me to do that can only be done by me, just the way He created me.
2. Second night of VBS we learned “God is for You” Romans 8:31 “If God is for us, who can be against us?
• There is a boy in Peru named Hector where the water where he lives is used for bathing, swimming etc…That water is not good for anyone to drink. We want kids like Hector to have clean safe water to drink. God is for Hector, so God today is using us to help kids like Hector $5 provides clean water for one person every year!
• “My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help. This I know: God is on my side!” Psalm 56:9 – ‘This I know, that God is for me.
3. The Third Night of VBS we learned God is always with you. Joshua 1:9 I tell you Joshua Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
• We talked about friends having friends who help us
• Sometimes friends can’t be there but God is always with you even if we don’t feel God
• We all feel alone at times and even wonder if God is with me Note what I said we feel like God is not there. “It’s just a feeling not a fact.”
• God is our friend who sticks closer than a brother, God is a friend who never leaves you or forsakes you, God is a friend who is always present in dark hours when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. God is friend who stands at the door and knocks he wants to talk it over with us.
4. The Last night of VBS we learned God made you for a reason. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you”. These plans that God has are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a good future and a hope.
• God made me for a reason to be a follower of Faith
• God made me for this reason to love our neighbors as our selves
• God made me for the reason of helping others with in my means to help people like Hector