Summary: The way that God has created everything we see and touch is a wonder. Let’s look at just a few areas of creation that ought to totally amaze us about God!
Evolution’s Deception: Making a Monkey of Man, Pt. 4
“Creation’s Revelation of Intelligence”
Charles Darwin wrote in “Origin of Species”… “Both butterflies and humans have descended from a remote common ancestor, most likely a small wormlike marine animal resembling a flat worm.”
J.W. Burrow was the man who wrote the introduction Charles Darwin’s “Origin of Species”. With regards to evolution he said that man was apart of, “…a cold passionless universe…”
How does that make you feel? Those statements are false when compared to God’s revelation of creation!
1. The Human Body.
Of all the many wonders in the universe that screams divine design it’s the human body and the ability to function so precisely. And the complexity of the human body that continues to baffle science in so many ways, we are to exercise faith to the degree that by chance and time all this complexity came about, is more faith than I have!
Just take the 5 senses that we operate very minute of the day! Just how powerful they are. They’re apart of a structural masterpiece that we have been given as a gift by God. The temple of the Holy Spirit is blessed by creation, not by chance!
Palm 139:13,14 “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex…”NLT
a. The Brain.
The brain is the most complex structure that is known to man!
A 3-pound miracle!
Dr. Isaac Asimov, a biochemist and atheist, said in the science journal Smithsonian; “In man is a three pound brain which, as far as we know, is the most complex and orderly arrangement of matter in the universe.”
Think for a moment:
· The human brain consists of about 10,000 million nerve cells.
· Each nerve puts out between 10,000 and 100,000 connecting fibers by which makes contact with other nerve cells.
· The number of connections altogether in the brain approaches 10 to the 15th power or a 1,000 million million every single day.
· A normal functioning human brain has 100 billion neurons linked to a complex network that is hundreds time more powerful than a home computer!
· There are more than 100 quadrillion intricate electrical connections within the human brain that sends millions of bits of information throughout the body!
· In less than 1 second, our brain can calculate the trajectory of a football thrown at 30 miles an hour towards us.
b. The Eye.
· When a baby is conceived in the womb, the genetic DNA governs the eye’s growth and it begins to grow optic nerves at the exact time as the optic center of the brain. If they don’t start growing at the same time there will be permanent blindness.
· 1 million microscopic optic nerves begin growing from the eye through the flesh towards the optical section of the brain.
· Our retina which lines the back of our eye, that receives the actual images, is thinner than paper; yet its tiny surface contains 137 million light sensitive cells.
. 95% of these cells are rods that can analyze black and white images, while 7 million cone cells analyze color images.