Summary: Jesus said, many things did he mean it?
Did He Really Mean it” John 14:2 if it were not so, I would have told you.
1. “Did Jesus really Mean it” If the resurrection is true then you better believe every words Jesus said.
• Matthews Gospel says A messenger said “He is not here for he is risen, as he said”.
• Marks Gospel says, "Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here:”
• Luke’s Gospel says "Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen:
2. There are Proofs of Jesus Resurrection The empty Tomb, Holy women were eye witnesses
• Matthew: he appeared to Eleven disciples (28:16)
• Luke: he appeared to two disciples in Emmaus, later to eleven (24:13,36)
• John: he appeared to T en disciples (Judas and Thomas were absent) (20:19, 24)
• Paul: he appeared to First to Cephas (Peter), then to the twelve. Paul writes over 500 brethren saw him
• Not including the changing of trillions of life’s, men would be tortured because they believed.
• New Found courage, Changed lives, conversion of Paul, men would die for the resurrected Christ
David Platt writes “But if Jesus really did rise from the dead, if he did what none else in history has ever done or ever will do conquer death then we can’t just accept what Jesus said. We must orient everything in our lives around what Jesus said.”
3. Did Jesus really mean for us to Trust Him 1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me
• WE must Trust His words, Trust his Cross, Trust in his resurrection.
4. Did Jesus really mean there are mansions in heaven? . 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. Imagine it took God 6 day to prepare and create the universe man it has been working on the mansion for thousands of years it has to be wow
5. Did Jesus really mean He is coming back?. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also
6. Did Jesus really mean He is the only way to Heaven? 6Jesus answered, “ I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7. Did Jesus really mean that Hell is horrible place?
• 43If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.C 45And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.D 47And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where " `their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched.'E
• Thomas Watson said, “ The wicked in Hell shall be always dying, but never dead.”
8. Jesus claims we do not have to belong to the Judgement of Hell Rev 20
• I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
• ---James Denny a Scottish theologian says, “if there is any truth in scripture at all, this is true that those who stubbornly refuse to submit to the gospel will incur at the last advent an infinite and irreparable loss. They will pass into a night in which no morning dawn.”
9. Jesus claims You do not have to Belong to Death Did Jesus really mean it? 24"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. 25I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.