Summary: Sermon asks us did you know statements from the scriptures.
Did you know? Matthew 16:21-28
It's a phrase we love to attach to the odd-but-essential insights and idioms (sayings, phrases, insights) that friends, warning labels and parents throw our way.
• Head Over Heels: Very excited and/or joyful, especially when in love.
High Five: Slapping palms above each other’s heads as celebration gesture.
High on the Hog: Living in Luxury.
Hit The Books: To study, especially for a test or exam.
Hit The Hay: Go to bed or go to sleep.
Hit The Nail on the Head: Do something exactly right or say something exactly right.
• Have an Axe to Grind: To have a dispute with someone.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Gecko commercials starts: Did you know Gecko in 15 minutes can save you 15% on car insurance? Other person responds , “well everybody knows that”. Well, did you know old McDonald was a really bad speller? He is asked to spell COW he say Cow and spells it COW EIEIO. Geico 15 minutes could save you , well you know!
Did you know Gecko in 15 minutes can save you 15% on car insurance? Other person responds , “well everybody knows that”. Well did you know that bad news doesn’t always travel fast, a creeping snail slowly goes to the person and says “Don your fired”. The snail then says “I gotta run” Geico 15 minutes could save you, well you know!
Did you know Gecko in 15 minutes can save you 15% on car insurance? Other person responds , “well everybody knows that”. Well did you know game show host should only host game shows Samantha do you take Kevin to be your lawful husband or “would you rather have a brand new car? Geico 15 minutes could save you, well you know!
Did you Know? Matthew 16:21-28
1. Did you Know Jesus is the Son of God meaning He is more than mortal
• Peter said, thou art the Christ the son of the living God. Peter acknowledged the divinity of the Jesus not everyone did.
Peter seems to “Know the Ropes”, he “let the Cat out of the Bag” he seems to be on “the same Page with God”
2. Today Jesus say he must go to Jerusalem and be rejected, suffer, and die. Peter rebukes him and says, "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" 23Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." Peter is adding fuel to the fire he makes the situation worse than it was “Peter is barking up the wrong tree”.
3. Did you know Jesus is not In shock by what will happen this is a “Blessing in Disguise” Something good that isn't recognized at first he must go unto Jerusalem , and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes , and be killed , and be raised again the third day .
• Jesus chooses to encounter his fate
• Jesus chooses to embrace his fate as something unsurprising
• Jesus chooses to endure his fate with dignity. I am going to Jerusalem Jesus does not pass the Buck does he?
4. Did you know Jesus is “Getting down to Brass Tacks” To become serious about something. Jesus goes to Jerusalem not for himself but for others
• Jesus is willing to go despite the understanding of a horrific fate he will endure for others
• Jesus is willing to go although he understands he will be rejected so others will be accepted
• Jesus is willing to go to Jerusalem to be killed so others will Can be spared the agony of death.
• Jesus is willing to go to Jerusalem and die but be raised so others will experience a resurrection.
5. Did you know Jesus does not need us to protect him but he does need us to follow him. One might say Jesus wants us to “Go out on a limb “ (To become serious about something in this case follow). Go the extra mile with him
6. Jesus “ Hits the Nail on the Head” To "find" ourselves, we must be willing to "lose" ourselves., "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it
• Deny Living Bible: He must give up all right to himself
• SELF is the enemy of authentic discipleship. Consider the variety of that self SELF can dominate us …….Self righteousness ; self centeredness ; self interest ;;; self importance ; self indulgence ; self opinion ; self reliance ; self satisfaction ; self seeking ; self sufficient.