Summary: Sermon asks us did you know statements from the scriptures.
Did you know? Matthew 16:21-28
It's a phrase we love to attach to the odd-but-essential insights and idioms (sayings, phrases, insights) that friends, warning labels and parents throw our way.
• Head Over Heels: Very excited and/or joyful, especially when in love.
High Five: Slapping palms above each other’s heads as celebration gesture.
High on the Hog: Living in Luxury.
Hit The Books: To study, especially for a test or exam.
Hit The Hay: Go to bed or go to sleep.
Hit The Nail on the Head: Do something exactly right or say something exactly right.
• Have an Axe to Grind: To have a dispute with someone.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Gecko commercials starts: Did you know Gecko in 15 minutes can save you 15% on car insurance? Other person responds , “well everybody knows that”. Well, did you know old McDonald was a really bad speller? He is asked to spell COW he say Cow and spells it COW EIEIO. Geico 15 minutes could save you , well you know!
Did you know Gecko in 15 minutes can save you 15% on car insurance? Other person responds , “well everybody knows that”. Well did you know that bad news doesn’t always travel fast, a creeping snail slowly goes to the person and says “Don your fired”. The snail then says “I gotta run” Geico 15 minutes could save you, well you know!
Did you know Gecko in 15 minutes can save you 15% on car insurance? Other person responds , “well everybody knows that”. Well did you know game show host should only host game shows Samantha do you take Kevin to be your lawful husband or “would you rather have a brand new car? Geico 15 minutes could save you, well you know!
Did you Know? Matthew 16:21-28
1. Did you Know Jesus is the Son of God meaning He is more than mortal
• Peter said, thou art the Christ the son of the living God. Peter acknowledged the divinity of the Jesus not everyone did.
Peter seems to “Know the Ropes”, he “let the Cat out of the Bag” he seems to be on “the same Page with God”
2. Today Jesus say he must go to Jerusalem and be rejected, suffer, and die. Peter rebukes him and says, "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" 23Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." Peter is adding fuel to the fire he makes the situation worse than it was “Peter is barking up the wrong tree”.
3. Did you know Jesus is not In shock by what will happen this is a “Blessing in Disguise” Something good that isn't recognized at first he must go unto Jerusalem , and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes , and be killed , and be raised again the third day .
• Jesus chooses to encounter his fate
• Jesus chooses to embrace his fate as something unsurprising
• Jesus chooses to endure his fate with dignity. I am going to Jerusalem Jesus does not pass the Buck does he?