Summary: Part 9 of this series displays the instructions given to Noah at the completion of the flood and shows us how living rightly for God continues even after a great disaster.
Discovering Genesis, Part 9
IMPORTANT: Prayer Walk on Wednesday, October 19, 6:30 pm – BE HERE!
- Last week, we set up the foundation for what mankind had done
- Simply stated, we provoked God’s wrath through disobedience and rebellion
- God sent men like Enoch and Noah to preach to them; but still they rebelled
- God brought great conviction through this lineage (Gen 5); but nothing changed
- Hebrews 11:7 “By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.”
- This morning, we examined the life of Noah and saw how he is an example to us
- We saw that he was righteous, blameless, and faithful before God
- But more than that, Noah was a man who lived this way as an example to others
- We are going to do more than talk about the salvation of everyone through Noah
- Let’s be honest here church, we know that story / we know about the boat
- This evening … let’s explore what happens AFTER the flood
- Read Genesis 8:15-22
Point 1 – God Remembers Noah (15-17)
- First thing we see is that God remembered Noah and his family (8:1)
- Never has there been a time that God does not remember you and I
- He was the one who created us and brings us to Himself if we obey and go
- This verse is very encouraging; God remembers specifically Noah
- And I want you to know that god remembers you just the same
- 1. God knows your troubles and our tears: Psalm 56:8, "You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book?"
- 2. When we repent, He forgets our sins: Heb 8:12, “"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more"
- 3. God remembers our labor of love: Hebrews 6:10, "For God is not unfair. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other Christians, as you still do"
- First God remembered them … and then He placed them in a safe place
-- Never will God give you more than you can handle; nor allow to to fall/fail
-- This is important to remember through everything that we have to deal with
-- God is not a God of sadistic intentions; but one who remembers us in love
-- His commitment to us was Jesus … our commitment to Him is then (what?)
- And so, God commands them to come out, and go forth
-- Go forth and be productive, go forth and do something … go forth and LIVE
-- Remember what happened when Jesus ascended into Heaven?
-- Acts 1:11, “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
- APP: God commands them to GO do something (expound) …
Point 2 – Noah Remembers the Lord (18-20)
- Noah obeys the Lord, follows the orders explicitly