Summary: Jesus told disciples that they and we would do greater miracles than He did. How can we do this today?
1. It was a difficult time for the disciples. After ministering with J for about 3 years, they knew that He would soon leave them.
2. Jesus had just finished washing their feet, they had just had their last supper together and Jesus stressed that he would soon be killed. He had also told them that Judas would betray Him and He predicted that Peter would deny Him three times.
3. They would miss Jesus so much, His love and patience with them, His teaching and headings.
4. Not to mention that soon they would be on their own - like a baby bird ready to jump off the branch for the first time, like a pilot about top fly solo for the first time.
5. They would need to minister without their Lord.
1. Jesus knew that they were troubled and so he tries to reassure them. He tells them what we all need to be told when we are worried about what lies ahead. "Trust in God. Trust also in me"
2. Perhaps people have said these very words to you when things got dark. "Just trust in God. We respond "that’s easy to say, but hard to do"
3. At times these words may even seem empty. This evening we see why these words are not empty. Why we can trust in God.
james1.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf š]AMES1~1HTMjami2.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf š\AMI2~1 HTMjer3131.html^4ÄË^TEXTDmWrµf µf š[ER313~1HTMjer31a.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šZER31A~1HTMjn141.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šYN141~1 HTMjn1928.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šXN1928~1HTMjob1.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šWOB1~1 HTMjob121.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šVOB121~1HTMjob30.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šUOB30~1 HTMjob32.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šTOB32~1 HTMjob42.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šSOB42~1 HTMjohn165.htmlåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šROHN16~1HTMjohn1720.htmlåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šQOHN17~1HTMjohn2019.htmlåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šPOHN20~1HTMjohn635.htmlåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šOOHN63~1HTMjohn831.htmlåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šNOHN83~1HTMjonah1.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šMONAH1~1HTMjosh7.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šLOSH7~1 HTMlev199.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šKEV199~1HTMlk1038.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šJK1038~1HTMlk1910.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šIK1910~1HTMlk21.htmlœåp^4ÄË›TEXTDmWrµf µf šHK21~1 HTM¿¿¿žžžžžžš¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ found in words "He will do even greater things than me". Friends "you" will do greater things than Jesus did, if as vs. 12 says "if you have faith in Jesus".
13. When I read that verse, I get excited and confused. After all we know what Jesus did. How can we do greater things?
14. What are these greater things and how will we do them?
15. Jesus just talked about miracles so He means greater miracles. It seems that we would perform even greater miracles than He did.
16. Taken by some to mean that we today - as His church - should be performing the same and greater miracles than Christ - healings, raisings from dead, etc. They would say if not happening, we must not have enough faith. Remember Jesus said if you have faith.