Summary: Life is full of decisions, full of choices. Every decision in our lives has its consequences. You are responsible for your own decisions and its consequences. The consequences of your choices affect not only you but all those around you.
EVERY DECISION HAVE THEIR CONSEQUENCES
TODA DECISION TIENE CONSEQUENCIAS
1"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.
5The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6"At midnight the cry rang out: ’Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’
7"Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.
8The foolish ones said to the wise, ’Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’
9" ’No,’ they replied, ’there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
10"But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11"Later the others also came. ’Sir! Sir!’ they said. ’Open the door for us!’
12"But he replied, ’I tell you the truth, I don’t know you.’
13"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.
1. Life is about making decisions. Each day we all have to make decisions. Some of the decisions we make are of little or no consequence. What am I going to eat for breakfast, what car will I drive to work. Others can be life changing or life ending. Am I going to go to that party, drink and drive home? Am I going to take that person up on their offer that would cause me to commit adultery? Am I going to smoke that first cigarette, something that will have an adverse affect on my life span? How many people do you know who have ruined their lives or ended them because they made a bad decision? How many people do you know who when they reach a crossroad in their life, they take the wrong turn and end up regretting it.
2. Every decision that we make has its consequences, and even more; every particular decision affects in one way or another, for good or bad; no only in our favor or against us; but also they affect against the people we love. In other words, the decisions you are taking will help or destroy and they will affect not only you, but all those around you as well. The consequences of your choices and your decisions affect others.
3. You are responsible for the decision you take and its consequences. Every choice you make has consequences, and the only one responsible for such choices is you and nobody else. Consequently, we need to learn to live responsibly. You see, we can’t live our life making others responsible for our bad decisions.
5. The other problem we face today is that we take decision too fast, too quickly. We live in a world that doesn’t stop to think, to meditate, and to consider consequences. We live in a fast society, and every body is moving fast: we run like crazy on the freeways, we don’t have time for our families, not to make friends, we don’t stop to smell the flowers, no time to enjoy the most important moments of our lives. Consequently, we don’t stop to measure the consequences of our choices and decisions. We are getting used to acting fast. Of course, if we act fast, we can take advantage of greatest opportunities; but the truth is that if we act fast, we might not see the consequences, the end result of a bad decision can be tragic.
6. The other issue is that our society is irreplaceable. Mistakes are not easy to be forgiven. Further more, society is unforgiving when we make a mistake. It doesn’t matter your good intentions, if you were wrong, you will pay for it. And there is not going to be mercy at all. Transi: •Today we are going to look at some of the principles we can see in the life of Jesus that should help us to make better decisions in our lives. • Today we will look at three principles we can learn from from the life of Jesus.
I. DECISIONS SHOULD BE GOAL ORIENTED
DECISIONES DEBEN HACERSE CON LA META EN MENTE (1)
1"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
A. WHAT GUIDES YOUR DECISIONS? ?QUE GUIAN SUS DECISIONS?
1. This passage took place few days before Jesus’ arrest. It was the last week of his earthly life and the most important lessons had to be before he died. He had been teaching about the signs of the end of the age. It is during this time that he talked about choices, decision and consequences. So, the context of this lessons is a call to be aware, to be wise and ready to takes the right decisions. The first lesson given is that, if every decision has its consequences, you better make your decision with an objective in mind.