Summary: Every now and then things show up that disturb, that take hope, but when things show up that when Jesus shows up.
“Every Now and Then Things show Up” Luke 24:13-32
1. Every Now and Then Things show Up
A. We need Help when Things Happen 14They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. 15As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them;
B. Their mind was disturbed by things that had happened 17He asked them, "What are you discussing together as you walk along?" They stood still, their faces downcast. 18One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, "Are you
only a visitor to Jerusalem and do not know the things that have happened there in these days?"
C. Things that had happened took Away their Hope19"What things?" he asked. "About Jesus of Nazareth," they
replied. "He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20The chief priests and our
rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21but we had hoped that he was the one
who was going to redeem Israel
2. They were helpless, disturbed, and hopeless because of these things but there were more things showed
A. Here another thing its the third day since all these things happened
B. In addition to that thing there is another thing the body is gone . 22In addition, some of our women amazed us.They went to the tomb early this morning 23but didn't find his body.
3. When things show up that when Jesus shows Up.
A. Jesus shows up in the midst of turmoil's vs 15 Jesus himself came up and walked along with them
B. Jesus shows up in the Midst of loss. they lost the body it is the third day since all this took place. 22In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23but didn't find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see."
C. Jesus shows up in the midst of discouragement to encourage 25He said to them, "How foolish you are, ( You do not Understand a-knot-to-us )and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26Did not the ChristB have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?" 27He explained to them what was said in the Scriptures
4. When Jesus does Show Up Eyes are Opened
• 28As they approached the village Jesus acted as if he were going farther. 29But they urged him strongly, "Stay with us, 3 he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him,
• Open mine eyes that I might see Glimpses of truth thou hast for me
• Open my ears, that I may hear Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
• Open my mouth, and let me bear, Gladly the warm truth everywhere;
• Open my heart and let me prepare Love with Thy children thus to share.
A. When Jesus shows up Hearts will Burn. 32They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?" I felt my heart strangely warmed, my heart is ablaze
B. When Jesus Shows up Faith becomes stronger 33They got up and went to Jerusalem. There they
found the Eleven 34and they were saying, "It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon."
5. Jesus does show up when we Brake bread together let us receive his presence, 35Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread. Is he here GODISNOWHERE?
• I can hear my Savior calling, “Take thy cross and follow, follow me." Where he leads me I will follow, I'll go with him, with him all the way.
• I'll go with him through the garden, , I'll go with him, with him all the way.
• I'll go with him through the judgment, I'll go with him, with him all the way. (Refrain)
He will give me grace and glory, and go with me, with me all the way. (Refrain)