Summary: Today is super bowl and we will be looking for the spectacular, miraculous, and we believe its the biggest event of the year. Todays texts tells us Jesus does the spectacular, He does the Miraculous, and He alone is the biggest and greatest event ever.
Everyone is looking for you. Mark 1:29-39
1. Everyone will be looking for the Spectacular
• Spectacular QBs, like Tom Brady who has had many comeback victories none greater than in a Super Bowl 51 down 28 to 3 in the third quarter points and come back and win the Super Bowl , Patrick Mchomes completed 26-of-42 passes for 286 yards with 2 TDs .He is a threat as a runner as well, recording in super Bowl 55 he had 9 carries for 29 yards and a TD.
• Spectacular running backs making those unbelievable runs like John Riggins who just over powered defenders single handedly won the super bowl for Washington carried the ball 30 times. Larry Czonca, Thurmand Thomas, Terrel Davis
• Spectacular receivers catching those “You Got Mossed” type catches or “immaculate reception” Franco Harris catches a tipped ball running in for a touchdown allowing Pittsburg to win the game Julio Jones, Lynn Swan, David Tyree helmet catch, and Julian Edelman
2. Everyone is looking for a Miraculous Wins?
• New York Giants 17, Patriots 14: Arguably the biggest upset in Super Bowl history, the Giants derailed New England's 19-0 record David Tyree's miraculous helmet catch
• Patriots 28, Seattle Seahawks 24: It will forever be remembered for Russell Wilson’s goal-line interception with the game hanging in the balance when the Seahawks could have given the ball to bruising RB Marshawn “Beast Mode” Lynch.
3. Yes, We want to look at Biggest Event of the Year
• Some say, it’s the biggest event of the year.
• The Super Bowl is considered the biggest event of the year because everyone the world over will watch or have some sort of gathering to eat, fellowship, to watch the game
4. Text say “Everybody is Looking for Jesus” because He is spectacular Jesus does things no one else can do
• . Brady and McHolmes can throw a ball a great distance and with spectacular speed
• Jesus does the spectacular he’s like David who overcomes the Giant
• Jesus overcomes the giant of diseases such as leprosy, the disease of lameness they walk again, he overcome blindness he cause them to see,
5. Everybody is looking for Jesus because he is the one who does the Miraculous
• He turns water into wine He turns those that without hope to those who are the victors
• He turns wretched into fortunate blessed (the woman at the well, “Come see a man”
• He miraculously turns Defeats into victory’s (the woman with issue of blood) she tried 12 years all sorts of physicians she found what she had been looking for years.
• He miraculously Turns death to Life ( the woman of Nain’s Son) Jesus said “Arise”
6. In conclusion why is everybody looking for Jesus?
• They look for Jesus because he is Spectacular He is able to heal Peters Mother In Law 31So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them.,
• They Look for Jesus Because he is Miraculous, Jesus healed many who had various diseases. He also drove out many demons40A man with leprosyF came to him and begged him on his knees, "If you are willing, you can make me clean." 41Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" 42Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.
• He is also the Greatest Event Ever His Birth was nothing more than Miraculous, we call the birth the Incarnation,
• The greatest Event ever is it the Crucifixion. It is the death of God Jesus who died for sinners to make atonement for all
• The Greatest Event is the Resurrection Yes He’s Alive
Those watching by live stream please get your elements for communion ready and join us in the great Thanksgiving
1. On the night before Passover disciples will encounter the spectacular and a miraculous evening
• Jesus tells the gathered “this is my body given for you”
• The voice spoke this is blood shed for the remission of sins
2. There are many miraculous acts we find in Jesus Christ
• There was the miraculous Birth Of Jesus “born in the city of David a Savior who is Christ the Lord
• A virgin shall can conceive and give birth to Jesus , The angel said,"Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. 31You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. 32He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."