Summary: In Super Bowl 49 two teams verse each other so does our different types of faith verses each other. We chose the winner.
Faith Vs Faith
Today the Seattle Sea Hawks vs the New England Patriots in Super Bowl 49. I don’t know what kind of faith you have but maybe we have different faith at different times on our lives. Faith is important at all times of our lives so let us look at different types of faith.
The Types of Faith God does not want us to have:
1. Everyone has this type of faith “Common Faith” . Paul writes, Titus 1:4To Titus, my true son in our common faith:
our common faith. The faith shared by all true believers. Those that have this faith are more than likely watching the game.
2. Another type of faith God doesn’t desire for us to have is Weak Faith "Abraham, And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb," (Rom.4:19.
3. God does not want Wavering Faith it is recorded in the Bible: To bend to be uncertain James encourages believers to put their faith in action: "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed," For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways, (James 1:5-7, KJV).
• A wavering faith is one that doubts, and is unstable in all his ways. Unbelief is either refusing to act, or ignorance of the Word of God. Regardless of how impossible the situation the answer is, unwavering faith.
• A wavering level of faith is also double-mindedness, which means, "two souled," a constant changing of the mind, (Vines).
4. God does not want us to have Little Faith Fearful, displaying a lack of total trust; was used by the Lord as a tender rebuke for anxiety and fear." (Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary) "if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" (Matt 6:30)
"But He said to them ( His Disciples) , “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm, (Matt 8:26).
5. Consider the types of Faith that God wants us to have first is Genuine Faith This kind of faith permits no deception, pretense, It is a genuine and sincere faith that flows from a true heart, with the desire to do what is right. Paul writes "when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also." (2 Tim 1:5).
6. Second Faith that God desires us to have is a Faith that is Active:
• This is the level of faith that goes into action, as the Word of God is understood.
• It is actively doing and living in faith,
• James calls this a “doer of the Word” Jesus says that we bear much fruit doing
7. Third Faith we can recognize is Unwavering Faith Paul writes Hebrews "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." (Heb. 10:23 Sincere, Unbendable - (opposite of wavering) - To believe God without question.