Summary: The sermon shares fathers strategy to over come giants of life have no fear, have faith, understand Gods ability, and have I can mentality.
David’s Strategy can be all Fathers Strategy I have a plan, I know how to approach this giant. 1 Samuel 17:32-49
• David’s strategy is to have No Fear, Have Faith, Understand Gods Ability, have I can mentality,
• Divine assistance lay behind his escapes from wild animals, so will divine assistance deliver him "from the hand of this Philistine" (v. 37).
1. David’s Strategy should be all fathers strategy with my God I have “no fear”
• "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" God had proven himself to David he had helped David kill a bear and a lion
2. David’s Strategy was Faith, David believed in the God of Israel. Fathers have Faith
• He had faith God would equip Hebrews 13:21 He will equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
• He had Faith like Jeremiah ‘Ah Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You – This Giant is no problem
• David has Faith in the great works of God He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariots with fire. "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
3. David’s Strategy is to understand Gods Ability. Fathers don’t forget God s Ability
• If God so desires to rid this Philistine it is Whatever the LORD pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps. Says the Psalmist
• David knows God has the ability reduce the Giants and make them meaningless says Isaiah “He it is who reduces rulers to nothing, Who makes the judges of the earth meaningless
• David understands God tames the beasts like he did for Daniel I .” "My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouths and they have not harmed me, inasmuch as I was found innocent before Him; and also toward you, O king, I have committed no crime."
4. David’s Strategy was “I can mentality” I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me"
• I can because He can bring water or a stream from a Rock that is dry and supply water for millions
• I can because He can feed thousands with 2 fish and 5 loafs and have leftovers of 12 baskets
• I can because He is the overflowing Fountain of life,
• Fathers He is the fountain of No fear
• Fathers He is the fountain of I believe
• Fathers He is the fountain of endless abilities
• Fathers He is the Fountain I can do all things through
5. David received Divine Assistance because God honors these types of Fathers
• God Honors Fathers with Reverence – I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
• God honors the Fathers who are Respectful – Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with
sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. Psalm 31:9
• God honors the Fathers who are Trusting – The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the
stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
• God Honors the Fathers who are Loving – I love you, O Lord, my strength. Psalm 18:1
• God honors Fathers who are Faithful – Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in . the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:6
• God honors the Fathers who are Repentant – For the sake of your name, O Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great. Psalm 25:11
• In conclusion David’s Divine Assistance “I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber .”