Summary: David's life needs to be changed or flipped and maybe our lives can be flipped as well. His life became a life of adultery, murder, and deception. But David understood his life needed flipped.
“Flip This House” Psalm 26
There is programs we love to watch such as flip this house, Priority brothers who either love it or list it. Some purchase a ruined run down house and flip it or remodel it and sell it for profit. These types programs are very popular and entertaining. The Property Brothers are determined to help couples find, buy and transform extreme fixer-uppers into the ultimate dream home. They use state-of-the-art CGI to reveal their vision of the future for their homes. Drew Scott and Jonathan Silver Scott attempt to convince hesitant home buyers to take a radical risk either by loving it or listing it. Flipping houses is great, but what about flipping a life? Today’s message reveals a life that needed flipped.
David’s Life needs flipped because he
• Commits adultery with Bathsheba (2Sa 11:2-5).
• Wickedly causes the death of Uriah (2Sa 11:6-25).
• Takes Bathsheba to be his wife (2Sa 11:26-27). Is rebuked by the prophet Nathan (2Sa 12:1-14).
• Repents of his crime and confesses his guilt (Ps 6; 32; 38; 39; 40; 51).
• Is disciplined on account of his crime (Ps 38; 41; 69).
• His infant son by Bathsheba dies (2Sa 12:15-23).
1. First Room David Flips is the Room of immorality and it becomes a room of Integrity
• David says, I have led a blameless life; I have trusted in the LORD I walk continually in your truth 8I love the house where you live, O LORD
• I need cleared of criticism 1Vindicate me, O LORD, for I have led a blameless life; see v. 1) suggests that the king is threatened by the "deceitful" (v. 4) and "bloodthirsty" (v. 9) men to whom he refers (as in Ps 23; 25; 27-28).
2. The second Room David Flips is the room that concealed his love for pleasure it becomes a room that
conceals Love for Gods house.
• 8I love the house where you live, O LORD, the place where your glory dwells.
• John writes some have forsaken there first love if so flip it
• David says I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of the lord than to dwell with sinners
• Sometimes we need to Flip our desires for what house we will dwell in Gods house or another house, house of sleep in, ball games, other desires that n Gods house.
• 5I abhor the assembly of evildoers and refuse to sit with the wicked.
3. The third room David Flips is the room that contained uncleanliness and now it became a room of cleansing
• 6I wash my hands in innocence, and go about your altar, O LORD,
• Your body is the temple of the Holy spirit 1 Corinthians 6:19 (NKJV) 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
4. The next room David Flips is the room where he once drowned in sorrow and now it is the room of
floods of Joy and happiness. 4I do not sit with deceitful men, nor do I consort with hypocrites;
• 1Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 2But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.