Summary: What are the Four Levels of faith?
Proverbs 3.5 - Four Levels of Faith
As we walk this walk we call Christianity many of us will be at different levels in our walk, or different levels in our faith. We want to move forward, we want to do great things for God. We want to be servants of the most high. But what we lack at times is faith.
Faith is the most important part of our walk. If we don’t believe, we can really receive. We must truly trust in God but that’s only according to our faith. If our faith is weak well our actions will be weak. But when our faith is strong our actions will be great.
Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
And when we can do that we can over come the world
1 John 5:4 (NASB)
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
Faith is the key to us overcoming the world. It’s by faith that we’ve been saved and it is by faith that we grow in our walk.
So we must understand a few things about faith first.
1. And that’s the idea that there are actually four levels of faith.
2. We all either fall on one of these four levels of faith.
3. Now regardless of where we fall we are stick at any particular level.
4. We can all as we grow move on to another level.
I. Simple Faith
Believing God will do for you what you’ve seen him do for you before
1. It’s limited to what you seen him do for you...
2. It is good faith there is nothing wrong with it,
3. But it’s simple.
4. Its your basic faith
David - 1 Sam 17:37 The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." Saul said to David, "Go, and the LORD be with you."
Explain David’s situation with the philistines: Because of what God has done for Him in the past he could draw upon it and by faith expect Him to pull him through
Many of us have this faith: we remember what God has done for us in the past in certain situations so we trust him to do it again
1. Pay bills
2. Heal when sick
3. Find a job
* Some remember but still don’t trust
II. Stretching Faith
Believing God will do for you that you’ve seen him do for others
This is the next level of faith.
1. Its not just believe what that he can do for you what he has already done.
2. But it’s what you have seen him do for others.
3. He has never done it for you.
The Leper Mt 8:2 A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean."
Centurion Mt 8:8 The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.
1. You have a centurion stretching His faith and say’s I understand authority.
2. I know you have it. I’ve seen you demonstrate it.
3. All you have to do is say the word.
1. God may never have done it for you
2. But you’ve seen Him help many others
3. You hear testimonies of healings
4. You hear testimonies of people being set free from sin
5. You hear testimonies of His Grace
Tithing You hear others shouting for Joy of the blessing of tithing
6. That’s why its so important to testify
7. How are others going to come to this level of faith of they don’t hear us.
8. We as Christians should be the loudest voice of the blessings of God.
III. Strong Faith
Believing God will do for you something completely new and unknown
(Heb 11:1 NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
That’s the essence of faith…not knowing or seeing.
Abraham (Gen 22:8 NIV) Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two them went on together.
Jehoshaphat (2 Chr 20:12 NIV) O our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you."
Moab, he sons of Ammon, and the Ammunites
1. They came against the Israelites
2. They were out numbers
3. Didn’t know what could be done
4. They prayed and God did the unknown