Summary: Sermon is to encourage the hearers they can become a game changer in their own life. One who makes a difference for themselves and others.
A Game changer is one who will steps up and makes a big Play that affect the outcome of the game.
A play at a pivotal moment in a game that determines victory or defeat
Game Changer: WVU Vs. Clemson University in the Orange Bowl CU trailed just 21-17, had gained 256 yards (9.1 per play) in their last four drives, and was about to drive into the end zone to take the lead, but Andre Ellington fumbled as he was attempting to ride his blockers into the end zone, and Darwin Cook picked up the ball and ran 99 yards for a touchdown.
Game Changer Larry Fitzgerald makes this super catch on 4th down to allow Pitt to kick field goal to win the game.
Reporter writes Michael Jordan switched hands on the Lakers in Game 2 of the 1991 Finals. He might as well have had a "Genius At Work" sign hanging from his neck. Defying gravity and conventional wisdom in the same instant, the Chicago Bulls' superstar was like young Mozart on the piano keys, something marvelous -- impulsive, creative, explosive -- welling up inside him.
Listening to Jordan actually explain what he did on that play:
"Cliff Livingston, Bulls forward threw it back to me, and I saw a clear lane to the basket," Jordan said that night. "So I was going to dunk the ball. I exposed the ball but then I saw long-armed Sam Perkins there and, eh, it was just instinct to change it. I changed it to my left hand and was able to get it off." Others said it seemed as he just was suspended in air
Today there will be a pivotal moment in the Super Bowl, but more importantly than the Super Bowl is to make Game Changer in your relationship with Christ.
Randy Moss said his life changed when he played at New England he grew up and accepted Christ as His Lord
1. Game Changers in today’s Text is to Acknowledge who Jesus is
A. They acknowledge Jesus is Messiah
• Acts 2: 36"Therefore let all Israel know with certainty : God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah."
B. Messiah is one who defeats my judgment Behold the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.
• Messiah is Able to Rescue
. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!
2 Game Changer 2 in today’s text is to acknowledge I have lived wrong I and I need to live right
A. They acknowledged their Sin and wanted to do something about it .
• 37When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"
B. They knew deep inside we messed up
3. Game Changer 3 in the text is to acknowledge ones Condition and say God I am sorry
• 38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."
4. Game Changer 4 is to acknowledge the direction you are going is not where you want to go so Redirect your direction
• Isaiah 55:7Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
5. Game Changer 5 I am going to build a Relationship with Christ from now on
A. I acknowledge Jesus is My Messiah
B. I Acknowledge I have lived wrong and now I want to live right
C. I Acknowledge my Condition and I am sorry
D. I Acknowledge I need to Love Deeper
E. I Acknowledge I need to work on the Building
F. I Acknowledge I can be a Game Changer for my life, my family’s life, and my churches life