Summary: Caleb was promised a mountain and at 85 he got his mountain. He said, "Give me this mountain", don't let Satan take your mountain.
Joshua 14: 1-15
1. Caleb was Promised a mountain Moses had promised him.
• Numbers 14:24But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.
2. Caleb had gained quite a few years since he had been promised the mountain 85 years old
• 10"Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the desert. So here I am today, eighty-five years old!
3. God keeps all His Promises
A. God Promised the earth will not be destroyed by water that is why we have rainbows
B. God promised He will answer our prayers 2 Chronicles 7:14
C. God Promised he would be our ever present help in time of need
D. God Promised to those hope in the lord He will renew their strength they will soar like eagles run and not grow weary walk and not faint
E. God promised where two or three are gather He will be in the Midst
F. God Promised One Day He will Crush Satan
4. The Problem with this certain Mountain was that the enemy took it
• The enemy always wants to take your mountain
A. The enemy wants to take your faith Job wife said curse God and die
B. The enemy wants to take your Prayer Life away But be like Daniel just keep on praying
C. The enemy wants to take your Testimony, but Let the redeemed say so (The Say so Community}
5. Consider the Character of Caleb who wants to take the mountain
A. Caleb said, "! 11I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I believe Give me this mountain
B. Caleb said, I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then I believe Give me this mountain
C. Caleb said, 12Now therefore give me this mountain, that the LORD promised me that day.
D. Caleb said, I have heard the Anakims are still there the cities are great and fenced, but that will be alright the lord will be with me and I will be able to drive them out
E. And the lord Gave Him The Mountain because, 14 because he followed the LORD, the God of Israel, wholeheartedly
• Caleb Took his mountain by being Committed
• Caleb took the mountain by being Confident in the The Lord
• Caleb took the mountain because he was Courageous
• Caleb took the mountain because He believed His God could Conquer anything
• Jerry Clower tells a story about Uncle Versie Ledbetter who had a mule named Della. One day Della fell into a cistern Uncle Versie thought he had covered up but hadn't.
• “Uncle Versie had a problem. There was his best mule down at the bottom of that cistern and no way he could get the mule out of there. He didn't want her to stay down there and starve to death, so he decided he would get a shovel and cover her up. It would be cruel, but it wouldn't be as cruel and inhumane as to let Della starve to death in the bottom of that deep cistern. Uncle Versie took a shovelful of dirt and threw it down into the cistern and every time a shovelful of dirt hit old Della, she'd shake the dirt off and stomp it.