Summary: People often feel like God is against them. Many people suffer from rejection and condemnation. But in Christ all that changes. Discover how God can be for you. And learn the significance of God being for you. More importantly experience it for yourself.
GOD IS FOR YOU!
Dr. Lewis W Gregory
Illustration: No, No, No! one of the first words a child learns is no. No is seen as a negative. But in Christ no can be a positive.
No accusation, No condemnation, No separation
Part 1 Introduction: God is for you
A. What things? Romans 8:31 “What shall we say to these things?”
1. All the things that God has done for us in Christ, and all the things that God is made available to us in Christ. These are the things that PAUL has been talking about in The book of Romans.
2. To be in Christ changes everything!
B. Who are the us? Romans 8:31 “If God be for us”
1. All of those who are now in Christ.
2. To be in Christ requires that you receive Jesus Christ the Lord into your heart. You must be born again! You must become a new creation in Christ.
3. Once you do God is for you, And He is never ever against you again.
C. What does it mean that God is for us? Romans 8:31 “If God be for us”
1. It means that God is not against you. He is on your side, because you are now on His side “in Christ.” He means you no harm.
2. It means that God has only good thoughts and good intentions for you. He wants the best for you and He has made ample provision for you. Illustration: in a day when so many seem to be against us, so many are trying to take advantage of us and rip us off it should be reassuring to know that God is for you!
Part 2 Explanation: How is God for you? Romans 8:31
I. Consider what God did for you through Christ.
A. God gave His only Son for us.
B. Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
C. Proof positive that God loves you!
II. Consider what God’s relationship is to you in Christ.
A. No accusation – Romans 8:33
2. “In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace” (Ephesians 1:7).
B. No condemnation – Romans 8:34
1. God frees!
2. “And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32).
C. No separation—Romans 8:35-39
1. God fills!
2. “And of His fullness have all we received, and grace for grace” (John 1:16).
III. Consider what God made you in Christ. Romans 8:37
A. God made you “more than a conqueror through Christ.”
B. Therefore, you can do all things through Christ. Philippians 4:13
Video: God Is For You https://youtu.be/WGgsUn0tiMI
Copyright©2017 Dr. Lewis Gregory, Source Ministries International
You are encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in any format provided that you do not alter the wording in any way. Please give credit to the author in any printed publications.