Summary: The Bible, the Word of God, is God’s Guide Book for Life. Is the Bible reliable? Will it give you the right direction?
God’s Guide Book for Life
-How Reliable is the Bible? –
Psalm 119:105 – “Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”
Isaiah 40:6-8 “A voice says, ‘Cry out,’ and I said, ‘What shall I cry?’ ‘All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field, the grass withers and flowers fall, because the breath of the Lord blows on them. Surely the people are grass. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.”
The Bible, the Word of God, is God’s Guide Book for Life. Is the Bible reliable? Will it give you the right direction?
There is a guide I use on a regular basis. This guide gives me direction. It is called the Thomas Guide for Santa Clara County – Street Guide and Directory. Using the guide I can find my way to any street in San Jose and the County.
The Bible is given to give us direction in life. Do you want to know where you came from and why you were created? Do you want to know how to find your purpose in life? Do you want to find meaning in life? Do you want to get prepared for eternity? Look to God’s Guide book - the Bible. Only in God’s Word do you find how to live a life of victory over sin and Satan.
In Creation we know there is a Divine Creator. In nature we have General revelation of God. The Bible is God’s special revelation to guide us into truth.
A young lady comes to our church that lives on Peanut Brittle Drive. To find Peanut Brittle Drive I could get in my car and begin to drive around San Jose to find the address and after spending a day or two I might stumble onto the street. Or I can find a map or even better I can turn to the Thomas Guide and find the exact location of Peanut Brittle Drive.
Do you know the Bible well enough to find the guidance you need in life? Without adequate study the Bible is a vague book and even confusing.
The following statements about the Bible were written by children.
1. In the first book of the bible, Guinessis, God got tired of creating the world, so he took the Sabbath off.
2. Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree. Noah’s wife was called Joan of Ark. Noah built an ark which the animals come on to in pears.
3. Lot’s wife was a pillar of salt by day, but a ball of fire by night.
4. Samson slayed the Philistines with the axe of the Apostles.
5. Moses died before he ever reached Canada. Then Joshua led the Hebrews in the battle of Geritol.
6. The greatest miracle in the Bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.
7. Solomon, one of David’s sons, had 300 wives and 700 porcupines.
8. Jesus was born because Mary had an immaculate contraption.
9. The people who followed the lord were called the 12 decibels.
10. The epistles were the wives of the apostles.
From the beginning of creation God has given guidance and instruction to human kind. After God created Adam and Eve He gave them verbal instructions on how they were to live.
God gave the Children of Israel the Ten Commandments on how to live and honor the Lord God their Creator.