Summary: What is the difference between being great in the eyes of the world and the eyes of God?
1) What makes a person great in the eyes of the world?
a) Royal birth
c) Talents (abilities)
2) What makes a person great in the eyes of God?
a) Complete obedience to God’s will
b) Deny self
c) Filled with the Holy Spirit
d) Bringing others to Christ
3) Why is it better to be great in the eyes of God? Because:
a) God is a righteous judge
b) God will not judge according to man’s standards
c) This type of greatness lasts forever
4) Who can be great in the eyes of God?
a) Everyone (John 3:16-17)
b) The poor
c) The common person
d) The ordinary Christian (Luke 7:28)
5) When may we become great in God’s eyes?
a) When we have turned our life over to him
b) When we give our all for His sake
Conclusion: John became great in God’s eyes in his youth – when will you become great?