Summary: God’s Love displayed in the "Ark"
1. GOD KNOWS
• God knows our heart, thought’s and imaginations VS 5
• God sees the evil or good we are doing VS 5
• God knows everything about us: Matthew 10:30 “But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.”
• Genesis 6:8 “But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.”
• When Jesus healed the man with Palsy, the scribes who were present that questioned Jesus in this miracle
a. Mark 2:6-8 “But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,” “Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God only?” “And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?”
• When we process the fact that God knows the thoughts and emotions of the heart, we must give ourselves continually to prayer as to avoid the thoughts and emotions becoming sin.
• Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
• Thoughts and imaginations will always be a part of life, it is our ability to either act or not act upon them that matters
• James 1:14-15 “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.” “Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.”
• “Sin, its effects: How does a worm get inside an apple? Perhaps you think the worm burrows in from the outside. No, scientists have discovered that the worm comes from inside. But how does he get in there? Simple! An insect lays an egg in the apple blossom. Sometime later, the worm hatches in the heart of the apple, then eats his way out. Sin, like the worn, begins in the heart and works out through a person’s thoughts, words, and actions.”
2. GOD WILL DESTROY THE WICKED
• God was and is going to destroy evil from the face of the earth
• When sin enters our lives and the lives of those in the world; it must be purged; this is accomplished by the mighty hand of God, whose hand alone, is holy enough to accomplish the cleansing
• This is not only a physical destruction of evil but spiritual as well
a. I John 3:8 “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”
• Since the beginning of sin; God promised to destroy sin and cause of it (Satan)
• Genesis 3:19 “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.”
• Death was pronounced as an avenue to end sin
• Genesis 7:4 “For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.”
• God purges sin by wiping it from the face of the earth
a. II Peter 2:10 “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therin shall be burned up.”