Summary: The Bible speaks of the Eyes of the Lord looking upon His people,(2Chron.16:9). We also read of the arm of the Lord bringing strength. I want to look today at the "Mighty Outstretched Hand of God."
Five times in the Book of Isaiah we read, "the hand of the Lord is stretched out still." (Is.5:25,9:12, 9:17,9:21,&10:4).
I want to just list a few of the distinguishing powers that are characteristic of the Hand of our God.
(A) His hand is so vast that the mighty oceans lie in the hollow of it. The word "SPAN" used here speaks of the spreading of His Fingers.
(1) (Isaiah 40:12)"Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of His hands, and meted out heaven with a span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?"
(B) His hand is the hand of power and skill, and by it were the foundations of the earth laid, and all the hosts of heaven fashioned."
(1) (Isaiah 48:13), "Mine hand also laid the foundation of the earth, My right hand spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up togeteher."
(Isaiah 66:1), "Thus saith the Lord, the heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool:(2) For all those things hath mine hand made."
(C) His hand holds our life.
(D) His open hand satisfies all of our desires.
(1) (Psalms 104:28), "That Thou givest them they gather: Thou openest Thine hand, and they are filled with good."
(2)(Psalms 145:16), "Thou openest Thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing."
(E)By His hand the good shepherd feeds, guides, and protects His sheep.
(1) (Psalms 95:7), "For He is our God; and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand."
(a) He’s Got the Whole World In His Hand. Yes! You and me brother, the little bitty baby, He’s got the whole world in His hand.
(b) Our nation is hunting for Bin Laden, God has him in His hand.
(c) Our nation is reeling under the high energy prices, my friend God has our welfare in His hands.
(d) "You’re in good Hands with our God. Like a good neighbor , My God is always there.
(F) His Hand is a good hand, helping all who are serving Him.
(1) (Ezra 8:22),"The hand of our God is upon them all for good that seek Him; but His power and wrath is against them that forsake Him."
(G)His hand is a mighty hand of deliverance for His people.
(1) (Exodus 13:3). Moses said to the people of Israel when they were delivered out of Egypt. "Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the Lord brought you out."
(H) His hand controls those who control others.
(Proverbs 21:1), "The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever He will."
(1) During one of the past general elections I turned the radio on and heard a radio commentator say that the country was going down the tubes because of the out-come of the election. I’m convinced that God will not allow anything to harm me regardless of who is in the White House. I beleive God is more concerned about Darrell Jones than He is about the Dow Jones.
(I) Last of All, Just the shadow of His hand is sufficient protection for His children.
(1) (Isaiah 51:16), "I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand."