Summary: The sermon shares what makes us happy being separated, happy is one who delights in the Word, happy is the ones who have roots, and happy is the one who chooses the way of righteousness.
Paul was happy even in some not so pleasant times; 2. Paul rejoiced & was full of happiness even in less than pleasant circumstances. II Cor. 6:1010sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.
1. Happy is the man who separates 1Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
• God Requires us to Separate 17"Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch
unclean thing, and I will receive you."D 18"I will be a Father to you,
Separates wicked, sinners, and scoffers
• Redeemed are separated from the worldly desires this results in great happiness Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." 1 John 2:15-17
• WE Separate by abstaining (Withdrawing, distancing one’s self) The world embraces evil, we are told to abstain from it! We are also told to abstain from the APPEARANCE of evil! If it even LOOKS like it embraces evil, do not do it! If it slightly suggests evil , do not do it!
"Abstain from all appearance of evil." 1 Thessalonians 5:22
2. Happy is the man who delights in the law vs 2 2But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
• God told Joshua the Word will make him Happy . 8Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
• WE will Find Happiness when we “Be” what it says I can be
• WE find happiness when we “Go” where He wants us to go
• We will find Happiness when we “Do” what the word tells us to do.
3. Happy is the man who has Roots 3 Happy is the man who is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season
• WE are happy when rooted in Christ Colossians 2:6Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, 7having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude
• WE are happy when we understand we are supported by Christ. Romans 11:18 “You do not support the root, but the root supports you”
4. Happy is the man who choses not the way of sinners, but chose the way of righteousness
6For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
• Happiness breaks out as a result of Sowing Love, seeking Right ways Hosea 10 12Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes