Summary: There is good news even in the book of Jeremiah.
Jeremiah 31:7-14 Hear the Good News even in the Book of Jeremiah
1. Jeremiah was a prophet with the daunting Challenge to deliver Bad News
A. Jeremiah warns Judah chapters 2-35
B. Jeremiah talks about a great drought in chapter 14-15
C. Jeremiah condemns Kings, Prophets, and People Chapter 21-24
D. Foretells Babylonian Exile Chapter’s 25-29
E. Shares the fall of Jerusalem and its aftermath Chapters 39-45
F. Finally He gives the diagnoses of Judgment on the Nations Chapter 46-51
2. Jeremiah had lots of bad news but this reading has some Good News
A. Jeremiah 30:1-24 - 31:40 these chapters are known as "Book of Consolations" words of comfort
B. Jeremiahs has words of Restoration: ,vs 1 "I will be the God of all the clans of Israel, and they will be my people."
C. Jeremiah’s Good News is that God There is Hope in the Future 2This is what the LORD says: "The people who survive the sword or the righteous remnant will find favor in the desert; I will come to give rest to Israel."
D. Jeremiah Good News is I Love you no matter what
3The LORD appeared to us in the past,A saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with
3. Jeremiah claims bad things are coming, That great storm is coming but hold your head up
A. What the storm tares down God can build back. I can rebuild you and make you better like the 6 million dollar man
4I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go
out to dance with the joyful.
4. Jeremiah shares Bad Things are coming but there is an again or once more, there is an
on the other-hand, there’s another opportunity
• 5Again you will plant vineyards on the hills of Samaria; the farmers will plant them and enjoy their fruit.
5. Jeremiah Bad things Coming, but there is a Better day of worship in ZION (place of Worship)
• 6There will be a day when watchmen cry out on the hills of Ephraim, `Come, let us go up to Zion, to the LORD our God.' "
A. There is a Day of Redemptive-ness
• "Sing with joy for Jacob; shout for the foremost of the nations. Make your praises heard, and say, O LORD, save your people, the remnant of Israel.' 11For the LORD will ransom Jacob and redeem them from the hand of those stronger than they.
B. There is a Day of Healing for the People of God
• 8See, I will bring them from the land of the north and gather them from the ends of the earth. Among them will be the blind and the lame, expectant mothers and women in labor; a great throng will return.
C. There is a Day of Bounty Coming
• 12They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD-- the grain, the new wine and the oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more. 13Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. 14I will satisfy the priests with abundance, and my people will be filled with my bounty," declares the LORD