Summary: The sermon shares the desires of God to give us honey in the rock that satisfies.
“Honey in the Rock” Psalm 81
God desires to give us Honey from the Rock
• "The land of Canaan abounded with hills and rocks in which bees had their hives, and from whence honey dropped to lower places; hence the land is said to flow with milk and honey ....
• "Wild honey bees in ancient times made their hives in the crevices of rocks Canaan was a land that literally thou it was rocky yet it was a land flowing with milk and Honey.
• Honey is good for you it has been documented by medical professional
• They claim Honey contains Powerful antioxidants, with antiseptic and antibacterial properties
• During the Balan War of 1913 it healed the wounds of many soldiers
• In the Guinness Book of World records it is known as the sweetest substance known to man
1. God says the following to a people who choose not to Hearken to the lord
A. 8"Hear, O my people, and I will warn you-- if you would but listen to me, O Israel!
9You shall have no foreign god among you; you shall not bow down to an alien god.
B. 11"But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. 12So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices
C. 13"If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways, 4how quickly would I subdue their enemies
and turn my hand against their foes!
2. God shares in this text what He has done for them
A. 6He says, "I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the pots.
• The taskmasters once afflicted them with cruel beatings
• The taskmaster made their lives very bitter with hard bondage
B. Israel you called and I rescued
• The God of Israel said, , "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey--
3. God desires to give us Honey in the Rock
• In verse 16But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you."
A. God says I want to give you the Land that Flows with Milk and Honey
I desire to give you all the prosperities of being a child of God.
B. God Promised Honey in the Rock to Joshua but it was depended on His Faith The Lord said it this way,"6"Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.
C. God told Joshua in order to receive the Honey in the Rock you must be
• 7Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful