Summary: The sermon shares the desires of God to give us honey in the rock that satisfies.
“Honey in the Rock” Psalm 81
God desires to give us Honey from the Rock
• "The land of Canaan abounded with hills and rocks in which bees had their hives, and from whence honey dropped to lower places; hence the land is said to flow with milk and honey ....
• "Wild honey bees in ancient times made their hives in the crevices of rocks Canaan was a land that literally thou it was rocky yet it was a land flowing with milk and Honey.
• Honey is good for you it has been documented by medical professional
• They claim Honey contains Powerful antioxidants, with antiseptic and antibacterial properties
• During the Balan War of 1913 it healed the wounds of many soldiers
• In the Guinness Book of World records it is known as the sweetest substance known to man
1. God says the following to a people who choose not to Hearken to the lord
A. 8"Hear, O my people, and I will warn you-- if you would but listen to me, O Israel!
9You shall have no foreign god among you; you shall not bow down to an alien god.
B. 11"But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. 12So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices
C. 13"If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways, 4how quickly would I subdue their enemies
and turn my hand against their foes!
2. God shares in this text what He has done for them
A. 6He says, "I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the pots.
• The taskmasters once afflicted them with cruel beatings
• The taskmaster made their lives very bitter with hard bondage
B. Israel you called and I rescued
• The God of Israel said, , "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey--
3. God desires to give us Honey in the Rock
• In verse 16But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you."
A. God says I want to give you the Land that Flows with Milk and Honey
I desire to give you all the prosperities of being a child of God.
B. God Promised Honey in the Rock to Joshua but it was depended on His Faith The Lord said it this way,"6"Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.
C. God told Joshua in order to receive the Honey in the Rock you must be
• 7Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful
4. Honey in the Rock is that which Satisfies
A. The honey in the rock that satisfies is The True and Living God.
B. The honey in the rock that satisfies is those that will open their mouths then God will feed the hungry
C. The honey in the Rock that satisfies is listening to the Lord and submitting to him
D. Honey in the Rock that satisfies is Hearkening to the Lord with desire to overcome
• Rev 27He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. . To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God. 11He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death. 17He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna (Heavenly Food). I will also give him a white stone(a token to pay ) with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.
E. Honey in the rock that satisfies is Hearkening to the lord with Love in ones soul : `Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.E 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'F 31The second is this: `Love your neighbor as yourself.'G There is no commandment greater than these."
• Honey in the Rock that satisfies is Jesus Christ the Rock that satisfies your ever longing