Summary: The early chucrh got to place of great humility, great power, and great faith. They got to this pint becasue theyhad faith in Jesus, Holy Spirit, and God.
How did they Get There? Acts 4:32-36
• My concern is not so much what they did, but How did they get to this point?
• How can you do this out of pure love pure faith
• How can we be one mind one heart?
• They shared everything, there was no needy, willing to lay it all on the line money, possessions,
• 32All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. 33With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. 34There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need. 36Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means Son of Encouragement), 37sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles' feet.
1. I think one of the ways they got to this point is by Having Faith
• Their Faith was bold Peter and John were speaking to the people (They were bold)
• Their Faith was in the resurrection They taught Jesus has resurrected form the grave . 2 the apostles were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead.
• Their Faith Continued despite Opposition 3They seized Peter and John, and because it was evening, they put them in jail until the next day. 18The next day, they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. 19But Peter and John replied, "Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God. 20For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard."
2. I think they Got to this Point because they had faith in Jesus
• 8 The Text says, “ Peter was full of God, and he said, “"Rulers of the people!, 10then know this, you and all the people: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, that this man stands before you healed.
• 11He is the corner stone He is the chief stone the stone, that without, the building would fall.
• 12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we can be saved."
• True Faith is recognizable 13When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.
3. I think they got to this point because they had Faith in the Power of the Holy Spirit.
• They had just encountered Pentecost in chapter 2
• 8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: Now this man is no longer a beggar because of the Power of the Holy Spirit. Remember Silver and gold have I none but such as I have in the name of Jesus rise up and walk .
• Note vs 31After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
They were so filled with God means to be controlled by the Spirit all our actions
4. I think they got to this point because of their Faith in God ( God would help or enable them)
• Vs 24 says they prayed to God . "Sovereign Lord," they said, "you made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them. 25You spoke by the Holy Spirit through the mouth of your servant, our father David: 27Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together to conspire against Jesus the Holy One29Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. 30Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus."
• 31After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
5. How did they get here?
• One heart One mind, sharing faith sharing everything, Great Power,
• No needy among them, How did they get here a Willingness to Give it all up possessions, themselves
• an ability to truly deny self and take up cross and follow
• They got to this point by Faith in Jesus, Faith in power of HS, Having faith in God,
• WE can get this point to by Faith in Jesus in Holy Spirit And God