Summary: The sermon shares what the voice of truth says about things it tells a different story.
John 18:34-38 “I am Thankful for What is Truth ?”
It is the question Pilate asks Jesus after his examination and Jesus does not answer. But I want us all to know Jesus is truth.
1. Alan Carr says the following about truth We are living in a day when almost no one believes in absolute truth. In this nation, 67 percent of the adults agree that there is no such thing as absolute truth. Much worse is the fact that 52 percent of born again Christians think truth is relative. That is, they believe that what is true for one person may not be true for another. According to another survey, over 75% of professing Christians cannot accept the idea of absolute truth. My friends those are very sad statistics! It tells us that our culture has nothing in which it can believe! Well we can believe.
2. I am thankful today That Jesus is Truth He never lied
• He claimed his very own people would reject him He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. (John 1:11)
• Jesus said that the temple would be destroyed not one stone left upon another Temple destroyed 70 AD
• Zachariah prophesied that Jesus would be betrayed for 30 shekels
Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests, and said, "What are you willing to give me to deliver Him up to you?" And they weighed out to him thirty pieces of silver.
• Isaiah claimed that they would not believe his report But though He had performed so many signs before them, yet they were not believing in Him; that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke, "Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?"
• Jesus claimed he would be rejected, crucified, die, and in three days he would arise
The Bible says his very own rejected him
The crucifixion happened on a hill called Calvary a historical fact
The Bible claims they were about to break his knees but he was already dead (Historical Fact)
The Bible and other Historical Documents claimed He arose from a tomb. His words were truth!
3. I am Thankful the truth about the Kingdom
• 36Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."
• The Voice of Truth says the Kingdom is a place of joy and gladness 4There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
• The Voice of Truth says the Kingdom has Peace, Harmony in all creation 6The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearlingA together; and a little child will lead them.
4. I am Thankful for the Voice of Truth Pilate asked Jesus what is Truth? Jesus didn’t say it here to Pilate but later said, “Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life
• I am thankful for the voice of truth that all things imaginable are conceivable If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23
• I am thankful for the Voice of Truth that although there are things against us, God is for us If God be for us, who can be against us?