Summary: God shares with Israel that He is the one who created you. protects you, ransoms you, and delivers you.
I want to begin today with this illustration author unknown.
Two Days We Should Not Worry
There are two days in every week about which we should not worry; two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.
One of these days is Yesterday with all its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains.
Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday.
We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone forever.
The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow. With all its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and its poor performance, Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.
Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow, for it is yet to be born.
This leaves only one day, Today. Any person can fight the battle of just one day. It is when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities Yesterday and Tomorrow that we break down.
It is not the experience of Today that drives a person mad. It is the remorse or bitterness of something which happened Yesterday and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring that renders a person wild with anxiety. Let us, therefore, live but one day at a time.
D.L. Moody a great evangelist was preaching a funeral service and he said, “on this occasion let there be no sorrows nor worries.” The funeral was for his infant son who had died. Why could Mr. Moody say that? He believed God was with his baby and his baby was in eternity with God. So, This day let there be no worries and no sorrows.
“I am with you”
There are no worries no sorrows because God created, God Protects, God ransoms, and God Delivers
1. First I want us to look at what God has created 1 But now, this is what the LORD says- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: I have summoned you by name; you are mine Note God names Jacob Israel to name someone is to endow the person with special meaning or power
• God basically is saying as “I created Man so have I created you Israel”
• God also make the statement in verse 7 “I created you for a purpose” 7everyone who is called by my name,” whom I created for my glory”, whom I formed and made."
• Apparently God wants the readers to know I am the one who Created Maybe God is saying his creation belongs to him; He has ownership of the creation.
• Belongs has significant meaning such as Belong means we have Value
• Belong also refers to being Blessed
• Belong means we have reached a relationship (associated, Affiliated, linked to, merged with God) wow God Created Me I belong to God .
2. Now Isaiah claims Jacob is Protected By God 2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;