Summary: God has super stuff prepared for us and we can only imagine, what we may become, what heaven is like.
1 John 3:1-7 I Can Only Imagine
When children play they believe they are much more than what they are:
• Give them pillows and blankets, and they are no longer children, but mighty warriors constructing fortress. Tie a towel around their neck and they transform from child into an invincible caped crusader. Give them a cardboard tube and they are a wizard, a musician, or an astronomer
• Imagination opens a new way of seeing they believe they are unbeatable, unmovable, one slash of a hand then gramps is tied up without even a rope He is bound. Mckinnin walking I am a butterfly
• In today’s text we to are like children is a matter of fact God even calls us children John refers to us audience as “children” in this “epistle” of 1 John, Is God wanting us to have a childlike imagination .
1. Our text begins with Love that can only be imagined
• 31How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, We can only Observe what Love
• WE can only imagine that His Love Is Unbounded it is endless Its like the old song about His blood It reaches to the highest mountain And it flows to the lowest valley The blood that gives me strength From day to day
• We can only imagine Love that is Unlimited The Psalmist tells us “Surely goodness and love will follow me ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” (Psalm 23:6)
• WE can only Imagine Love that is Unconditional Moses said, “…The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands [innumerable], and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin…” (Exodus 34:6-7)
• We can only Imagine Love that is unchangeable never Changes we do not encounter that type Love in us God says, "I am the same today Yesterday and forever and behold I change not”
2. Children we can become like those children who only imagine
• We can become that mighty warrior wrap ourselves in the blankets of faith that destroys the enemy Knowing “Greater is he that is in us than He who is in the world.” I am a mighty destroyer of the works of darkness. No more doubt, no more will to sin, no more impurity
• We can become a cape crusader like my Lord .He is good, His love endures forever...” I am a cape crusader I will do good, do no harm, and stay in love with God.
• I can only imagine I am not going to be bent toward sin because I have passed from death unto life. 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
3. I can Only Imagine I can be much more than I am Now
• “I am a child of God and that is what I am”, Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, I can be more than I am
• I can be much more than the pride inside Jesus laid down his life I should lay my pride aside for another: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
• I can become a Super crusader who believes. The more a child of God believes that they are in the mold of Jesus, the more power they have over sin. “You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin,” says John. “No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Everyone who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous” (vv. 5-7).
• I can become much more than I am As a child might imagine being a force for pure good (The Cape Crusader Batman did good) we can be like Jesus “we can purify ourselves just as he is pure” (1 John 3:3).
• A child at play believes he or she can be or do anything. A healthy imagination breeds creativity, confidence and a vision for the best of what life can be.
• I can Only Imagine what it will be like when I walk by your side,
• I can Only Imagine what my eyes would see,
• I can only imagine surrounded by your glory,
• I can only imagine what will my heart feel?, will I dance for you Jesus, will I be able to speak at all,
• I can only imagine when all I will do is forever, forever worship you