Summary: The sermons shares what we should get out of the way dates and seasons, we should get out of the way things we do not belong to, and we should know what we do belong to.
“Get out of the way” 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
1. First of all the Thessalonians were committed people of Faith They embraced three important tools Faith
hope and love. .
• Tool one Their Faith 1 Thess 1:3Paul writes, “We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, (Faith produces action )
• Tool two Their Love your labor prompted by love, They labored for God because they Love working for God because it was their nature
• Tool three Their Hope and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. They embraced great Confidence in the Lord
2. Second let us see how they conducted themselves?
• They lived a life of honesty all people trusted them. , 1 Thess 4:12Paul tells them to live a life of honesty so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders
• They Abstained from all appearance of evil (1Th 5:22 (They did not allow themselves to be the objects of evil they stayed away from these things
• They Followed stuff that is good and do not be involved 1 Thess 5:Live in peace with each other. 14And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.
A new preacher had just begun his sermon. He was a little nervous, and about ten minutes into the talk his mind went blank. He remember what they had taught him in seminary to do when a situation like this would arise- repeat your last point. Often this would help you remember what was coming next. So he thought he would give it a try. “Behold, I come quickly,” he said. Still his mind was blank. He thought he would try it again, “Behold I come quickly.” Still nothing. He tried it one more time with such force that he fell forward, knocking the pulpit to one side, tripping over a flowerpot, and falling into the lap of a little old lady in the front row. The young preacher apologized and tried to explain what happened. “That’s alright, young man,” said the little old lady. “It was my fault. I should have gotten out of the way. You told me three times that you were coming.”
3. Paul shares in the text 1 Thessalonians 5: what we should have gotten out of the way dates and seasons. He is
coming get ready
• Jesus is coming I don't need dates and times I just know he is coming.
• Get all of the way Assumptions The assumers , there all wrong no man know the day nor the hour 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
• Get out of the Way unexpectedness Its going to Happen. . 3While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.
4. Paul explains we should get out of the way things; we do not belong to anymore.