Summary: We are created for God’s glory and we are to offer Him praise continually
PS.145:21; 146:1-2; 147:1; 148:1-5; 149:1; 150:1-6 "I THINK I’LL JUST PRAISE THE LORD"
A) I believe according to the Bible, man was created to praise and glorify the Lord!
* Isa.43:7 God says, "For I have created him for my glory."
* 1 Cor.10:31 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."
B) The meaning of praise: To bestow approval upon, to honor, worship, to glorify.
* The Hebrew word is "Yadah" which means "to stretch out the hands, to worship with extended
hands." * And it is translated here in our text as the word "praise."
C) The word "praise" means: to address in a loud tone, to glory and triumph in God!
* That is to hold up the hands in reverence, to open the hands and let go of everything, just stand
and praise God open handedly! * That means you’re not holding on to nothing!
* Our problem is we wont let go of things or let go of our problems!
D) Let them go, lift your hands and lets give ourselves to praising the Lord!
* We only praise something that we honor and prize highly!
* If we hold the Lord in the highest state of respect and admiration, it’ll be easy to praise Him!
E) It is dangerous to make fun of praise! * 2 Sam.6:16 ; 23
* Saul’s daughter, Michal, made fun of David praising the Lord, and God shut her womb up!
* There are several things tonight that I want to bring to your attention:
(1) IT IS PLAIN THAT GOD’S WORD TEACHES PRAISE! * Luke 19:29-40
* Story of when Jesus was come near Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives.
* He sent two of His disciples after a colt (donkey) ....... a miracle .......
A) They brought the colt to Jesus, cast garments on it, and Jesus got on it!
* As Jesus was riding in, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God
with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen!
* Did you notice the words, "began to praise him with a loud voice?"
* Uncle Bud Robbinson ... dead church ....... "He a long way from here."
B) But anyway, they were praising God saying, "Blessed be the king that cometh ......."
* And some of the Pharisees told Jesus, "Master, rebuke your disciples."
* And Jesus said in v.40 "I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would ......."
* What if objects in this church started praising God?
C) In Acts 16:25-31, Paul and Silas was in jail ....... Why?
* But at midnight, Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God! * Result: Jailer got saved!
* We can still praise God in the midst of difficult circumstances!
D) In Acts 3:1-9, The lame man at the gate called Beautiful!
* v.8 says, "And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking,
and leaping, and praising God."
* v.9 says, "And all the people saw him walking and praising God."
* v.10 says that they were filled with wonder and amazement at what happened to the lame man!
* Praise will help others to see the realness of what Jesus has done for us!
(2) PRAISE SHOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT ASHAMED OF CHRIST!
* Mk.8:38 "Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and