Summary: We are created for God’s glory and we are to offer Him praise continually
PS.145:21; 146:1-2; 147:1; 148:1-5; 149:1; 150:1-6 "I THINK I’LL JUST PRAISE THE LORD"
A) I believe according to the Bible, man was created to praise and glorify the Lord!
* Isa.43:7 God says, "For I have created him for my glory."
* 1 Cor.10:31 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."
B) The meaning of praise: To bestow approval upon, to honor, worship, to glorify.
* The Hebrew word is "Yadah" which means "to stretch out the hands, to worship with extended
hands." * And it is translated here in our text as the word "praise."
C) The word "praise" means: to address in a loud tone, to glory and triumph in God!
* That is to hold up the hands in reverence, to open the hands and let go of everything, just stand
and praise God open handedly! * That means you’re not holding on to nothing!
* Our problem is we wont let go of things or let go of our problems!
D) Let them go, lift your hands and lets give ourselves to praising the Lord!
* We only praise something that we honor and prize highly!
* If we hold the Lord in the highest state of respect and admiration, it’ll be easy to praise Him!
E) It is dangerous to make fun of praise! * 2 Sam.6:16 ; 23
* Saul’s daughter, Michal, made fun of David praising the Lord, and God shut her womb up!
* There are several things tonight that I want to bring to your attention:
(1) IT IS PLAIN THAT GOD’S WORD TEACHES PRAISE! * Luke 19:29-40
* Story of when Jesus was come near Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives.
* He sent two of His disciples after a colt (donkey) ....... a miracle .......
A) They brought the colt to Jesus, cast garments on it, and Jesus got on it!
* As Jesus was riding in, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God
with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen!
* Did you notice the words, "began to praise him with a loud voice?"
* Uncle Bud Robbinson ... dead church ....... "He a long way from here."
B) But anyway, they were praising God saying, "Blessed be the king that cometh ......."
* And some of the Pharisees told Jesus, "Master, rebuke your disciples."
* And Jesus said in v.40 "I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would ......."
* What if objects in this church started praising God?
C) In Acts 16:25-31, Paul and Silas was in jail ....... Why?
* But at midnight, Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God! * Result: Jailer got saved!
* We can still praise God in the midst of difficult circumstances!
D) In Acts 3:1-9, The lame man at the gate called Beautiful!
* v.8 says, "And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking,
and leaping, and praising God."
* v.9 says, "And all the people saw him walking and praising God."
* v.10 says that they were filled with wonder and amazement at what happened to the lame man!
* Praise will help others to see the realness of what Jesus has done for us!
(2) PRAISE SHOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT ASHAMED OF CHRIST!
* Mk.8:38 "Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and
sinful generation, of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory ..."
A) I cannot understand why people would be ashamed of Jesus or His Words!
* Rom.1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God ......."
B) Do you think Paul and Silas was ashamed of Jesus in the jail at Philippi?
* Do you think the lame man at the gate called Beautiful was ashamed of Jesus and His Word?
* Not on your life! * I pledge allegiance to the Lamb of God!
(3) PRAISING GOD BRINGS JOY TO THE CHRISTIAN!
A) I like to feel like I have been to church when I come!
* If we go to church praising God and seeking a blessing, then we will leave rejoicing!
* Psalm 122:1 "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord."
* Our trials and problems will take away our praise if we allow them to!
B) The reason why is we don’t praise God in our trials and problems!
* Let me ask you, "Is your trials and problems bigger than God?"
* Then let God know that you know that He can take care of all your problems!