Summary: The sermon shares the results of obedience in the early church.
Acts 5:27-32 I wonder, What Might Happen if we are Obedient
Problems generally arise as a result of disobedience
• 1 Samuel 28:18Because you did not obey the LORD or carry out his fierce wrath against the Amalekites, the LORD has done this to you today. 19The LORD will hand over both Israel and you to the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. The LORD will also hand over the army of Israel to the Philistines." 20Immediately Saul fell full length on the ground, filled with fear because of Samuel's words. His strength was gone, for he had eaten nothing all that day and night.
Blessings are a result of Obedience Abraham knew this Genesis 22:18
• Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18and through your offspringB all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."
The Apostles made a choice a choice to be obedient they said,":
• "We must obey God rather than men!"
1. One thing that happened because of obedience souls were added
• 14Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number
2. Because of Obedience People were Healed
• Acts 5:. 15As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter's shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. 16Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by evilA spirits, and all of them were healed.
3. Because of Obedience the People had Power
Power To Teach despite the edict against it
• 21At daybreak they entered the temple courts, as they had been told, and began to teach the people.
They had Power to be bold in their Beliefs
• . "Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood."
They had Power to Rejoice in the midst of trouble
• They called the apostles in and had them flogged. Then they ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.
4. Because of Obedience God could bring them out
18They arrested the apostles and put them in the public jail. 19But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out
5. Because of their Obedience to Christ the Early Church believed in Sharing the Gospel
• the Sanhedrin said, vs 28Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood."