Summary: Immanuel will never abandon us, abuse us, will stay with us always.
“Immanuel” Isaiah 7: 13-16
There is a story told that in 1994 two Americans were invited by the Russian Department of Education to teach morals an ethics in their prisons, fire and police departments, and orphanages.
According to one of them, "Will Fish” there were about 100 boys and girls in the orphanage, children who had been abandoned, abused and left in the care of a government-run program. Fish tells the following story of what happened when the holiday season approached and it was time for the orphans to hear - for the first time - the traditional story of Christmas.
"We told them about Mary and Joseph arriving in Bethlehem," says Fish. "Finding no room in the inn, the couple went to a stable, where the baby Jesus was born and placed in a manger.
We gave the children three small pieces of cardboard to make a crude manger. Each child was given a small paper square, cut from yellow napkins. The children listened with amazement in their eyes.
As the children were assembling their mangers I noticed one little boy's manger instead of having one baby in the manger he had put two.
Fish says, “I called for the translator to ask the lad why there were two babies in the manger. Crossing his arms in front of him and looking at his completed manger scene, the child began to repeat the story very seriously. For such a young boy, who had heard the Christmas story only once, he related the happenings accurately - until he came to the part where Mary put the baby Jesus in the manger.”
"Then Misha started to ad lib. He made up his own ending to the story as he said, 'And when Mary laid the baby in the manger, Jesus looked at me and asked me if I had a place to stay. I told him I have no mamma and I have no papa, so I don't have any place to stay. Then Jesus told me I could stay with him. But I told him I couldn't, because I didn't have a gift to give him like everybody else did.
But I wanted to stay with Jesus so much, so I thought about what I had that maybe I could use for a gift. I thought maybe if I kept him warm, that would be a good gift. So I asked Jesus, "If I keep you warm, will that be a good enough gift?" And Jesus told me, "If you keep me warm, that will be the best gift anybody ever gave me." So I got into the manger, and then Jesus looked at me and he told me I could stay with him - for always.'
1. Little Misha had found someone who would never abandon nor abuse him, someone who would
stay with him - for always."
• We call Jesus by the name Immanuel, which means "God is with us."
• God incarnate in Jesus Christ will never abandon or abuse us, but will stay with us - for always.
2. Immanuel will never Abandon us
• Joshua tells us “I will never leave you nor forsake you
• Hebrews says, 13:5. (For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you”
• As Jesus was returning to Heaven He promised His grieving disciples, “No, I will not
abandon you as orphans—I will come to you” (John 14:18, NLT).
• Not only would He return one day, but in the meantime He promised a special gift, His presence through the Holy Spirit, to His followers: John 14:25"the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. His Spirit is always with us!
3. Immanuel Will Never Abuse Us Natalie Finn a 16 year old girl starved to death by her guardians
and Natalie’s siblings as well. After watching I am thankful I am part of a church who
does back Pack Ministry
• We can trust our life, Our soul with Immanuel God says I will never Leave you nor forsake you
The Old Gospel Hymn “No Never Alone”
• God will never give you up This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.” (Jn 6:37–39) Jesus is saying I will never let you go.
4. Immanuel will Stay With us Always
• I will stay with you always says Immanuel when the diagnoses is not good