Summary: Sermon idea is based on what is in Mothers home idea from News Boys That Home.
In That Home John 14:1-6
Lyrics to the Song from News Boys “In That Home”
1. In that Home the Broken was mended
2. In that Home the Lost was Found
3. In that Home Momma had a way of Making things Ok
4. In that home we knew we were safe
5. In that Home we found Faith to Believe
6. In that Home Momma always talked about Grace
The song now shares And on that day I got the news That Momma's stay here was almost through stayed all night by her side Held her hand, looked in her eyes And said, Momma
• When you're home I know you'll be safe
• Strong enough to see The faith that you believed
• And in that home Life will have no end I know I'll see you again In That Home The following I made
• Momma you made things ok "in that Home Momma God makes things OK
• Momma You made us always feel safe In That Home there is security forever
• Momma you talked about grace Momma In that Home you will encounter Grace
1. Our writer talks about what is in that Home In that Home we are told that hearts need not be Troubled 141"Do not let your hearts be troubled
A. Hearts need not be downcast why ? Jesus calms the stormy seas and I can calm our Heart
B. Hearts need not be downcast In that Home Affliction has ceased
• Job said it this way, "25I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.D 26And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; 27I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
C. Hearts need not be downcast in That Home The Righteous are Delivered The Psalmist says, " 15The eyes of the LORD are on the righteous 17The righteous cry out, and the LORD he delivers them from all their troubles. 19A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;
2. In That Home Because you Trusted God and had your Faith in Christ Trust in God trust also in me. vs 1
• A. Trust God there is a Dwelling Place In That Home Deuteronomist says 15God Looks down from heaven, your holy dwelling place, Psalmist claims the Lord looks down from his sanctuary on high, from heaven he viewed the earth, 20to hear the groans of the prisoners and release those condemned to death."
• B. Trust in God Trust in Me for In That Home is The Dwelling of the one who Raises
7He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap;
Jesus said 25Jesus said "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
Matthew says all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29and come out--those who have done good will rise to
live for eternity.
• C. Trust in God Trust in Me for in That Home is the Dwelling of Rejoicing Remember the Psalmist said 5For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
3. In That Home is a Place for You I go and prepare a place for you, vs 3