Summary: One of the worst situations a human can experience is what we call iron heavens and brass earth. God is always particular about the consequences of idol worship.
26 ‘You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to bow down to it; for I am the Lord your God.
14 ‘But if you do not obey Me, and do not observe all these commandments, 15 and if you despise My statutes, or if your soul abhors My judgments, so that you do not perform all My commandments, but break My covenant, 16 I also will do this to you:
I will even appoint terror over you, wasting disease and fever which shall consume the eyes and cause sorrow of heart.
And you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
17 I will set My face against you, and you shall be defeated by your enemies. Those who hate you shall reign over you, and you shall flee when no one pursues you. 18 ‘And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
19 I will break the pride of your power; I will make your heavens like iron and your earth like bronze.
20 And your strength shall be spent in vain; for your land shall not yield its produce, nor shall the trees of the land yield their fruit.
One of the worst situations a human can experience is what we call iron heavens and brass earth. God is always particular about the consequences of idol worship.
Someone with an iron heaven experiences absolutely no blessings. Imagine you plant a crop and then there is no rain. In a little while the crop will die.
Imagine you throw a seed on a bronze plate. It can never grow because it has no means for the roots to take hold of the earth for nutrients to nourish it.
That is the way iron heavens and brass earth situations manifest.
But they mostly occur when we have been disobedient to the Lord. The consequences of disobedience you do not even want to fathom with God.
Our idols as we know need not be carved images, but they could be carved images in our heart. These are the most difficult ones to remove, because they are engraved in our hearts spiritually and are difficult to remove.
If anyone of us is being disobedient we need to address it quickly and get it over with as soon as possible so that the pain inflicted can be removed. Slow to anger quick to forgive God.
Iron and brass in the spirit are equivalent to famine, dryness and drought. It is this dry and arid land that the devil normally rules. The Bible says, “When an unclean spirit has left a man, it roams around in dry places, i.e. in the lives of those that the heavens have closed. That is what the Bible means by dry places. When the heavens are closed over the head of a person, there would be traffic of demons in the life of that person. So, the questions that are pertinent to ask are: “Are your heavens open or closed? Are you really concerned about your life, progress, calling and destiny?”
HOW TO DESTROY BRASS IN THE HEAVENS
1. Repent from any sin that has closed the heavens against you: This is the first thing to do. Disobedience and sin will close the heavens.
2. Pray brass-shattering prayers: There are some prayers that will do that for you and there are some prayers that cannot do it.
3. Engage in sacrificial giving: Give to God in a way that you will feel that you have given something. You should give to God sacrificially, generously, unselfishly, cheerfully and without grudge. You should give proportionately, you should give at every opportunity that God asks you to give. You give without open show. The Bible says, “If you bring your tithes to my house, I will open the windows of heaven.” What the Bible is telling you is that, if you do not bring it those windows shall be closed and devourers shall be released.
4. Long sessions of praises: Take time to learn worship songs. Take time to learn hymns in the hymn books. Spend quality time praising God. Sometimes don’t even pray at all, just praise Him. Long sessions of praises break the heavenlies open.
5. Destroy ancestral covenants and altars: Please, pray like this: “Every ancestral altar of destiny destruction, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
6. Drop all languages of closed heavens, that is, negative pronouncements: The languages of closed heavens are for example, “I don’t care if I don’t marry, I will continue to enjoy my life.” When you say that what is going to happen, must happen and that there is nothing anybody can do about it, you are speaking the language of closed heavens. The languages of closed heavens include, “Eh, I’ve prayed and prayed and fasted and nothing has happened. Everything is upside down.” Drop such statements for you are making yourself a failure. Nobody can make you a failure unless you permit the person to do so. A person can stand in front of you and abuse you from morning till night, but if you make up your mind inside that you will not allow their negative statements to manifest in you it will not happen.