Summary: Jesus appears to open closed doors, Jesus appears to show us, Jesus appears to change except I see-ology to that is all I see-ology, and Jesus appears to help us have faith.
John 20:19-30 "Jesus Appears"
19On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"
1. Jesus Appears because doors are Locked as a result of fear of the Jews though doors be shut yet
our Lord can open
• Jesus said in Rev 3:8, “Behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it.”
A. The Doors were locked for Fear of The Jews but the Door of God "ARISE" can be opened
• Psalm 3:6I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side. 7Arise, O LORD!
Deliver me O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.,
B. The Doors were locked for fear of the Jews, but the Doors of the Possibilities of God can be
opened Jeremiah once said is anything to hard for God.
C. The Door were Locked for fear of the Jews, But the doors of the
Unlimited-ness of The Lord are opened
• Matthew 28:16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, " All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make,
2. Jesus Appears to Show them
John 19: 20After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
A. Jesus shows them not only his hands and side but he showed them His presence
(was a ever presents or always there) that gave them assurance and they were glad
Matthew 28:20And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Paul says, 2 Cor 2:14But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ
B. Jesus shows them not only his hands and his side but He Shows them the hope of the Father and
that is to find peace for all humanity
John 20:21Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.that others
will have the peace you now have received"
C. Jesus shows them not only his hands and his side, but Jesus shows them the breath of God He gives Life
• ." 22And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, receive ye the Holy Ghost.
• Isaiah says I revive my people 5This is what God the LORD says-- he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread
out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it:
3. Jesus Appears to Change "Except I see ology" "to that is all I see-ology"
A. . 25So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!"
B. But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my
hand into his side, I will not believe it."
C. Except I receive this or that I will not believe
D. Except I be touched in such away I will not believe
A small boy once approached his slightly older sister with a question about God. "Susie, can anybody ever really see God?" he asked.
Busy with other things, Susie curtly replied: "No, of course not silly. God is so far up in heaven that nobody can see him."
Time passed, but his question still lingered so he approached his mom: "Mom, can anybody ever really see God?" "No, not really," she gently said. "God is a spirit and he dwells in our hearts, but we can never really see Him."
Somewhat satisfied but still wondering, the youngster went on his way. Not long afterwards, his saintly old grandfather took the little boy on a fishing trip. They were having a great time together - it had been an ideal day. The sun was beginning to set with unusual splendor as the day ended. The old man stopped fishing and turned his full attention to the exquisite beauty unfolding before him.
On seeing the face of his grandfather reflecting such deep peace and contentment as he gazed into the magnificent ever-changing sunset, the little boy thought for a moment and finally spoke hesitatingly:
"Granddad, I - I - wasn’t going to ask anybody else, but I wonder if you can tell me the answer to something I’ve been wondering about a long time - can anybody - can anybody ever really see God?".